Dell Powervault Error (?) message

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

Just bought a 2nd hand Dell Powervault 120T (a DLT7000 tape drive with an autoloader on the front). Each time I eject a tape I get the CT symbol appearing on the LCD. what does thi smean? Dell appears to have absolutely no manual available to download! The only thing I can think of is it means "Clean Tape". I've also heard you can set it to automatically clean?

--
13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com

Love is complicated machinery.
But sometimes all you need is a good screw to fix it.
38 answers Last reply
More about dell powervault error message
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Peter Hucker wrote:

    > Just bought a 2nd hand Dell Powervault 120T (a DLT7000 tape drive with
    > an autoloader on the front). Each time I eject a tape I get the CT
    > symbol appearing on the LCD. what does thi smean? Dell appears to have
    > absolutely no manual available to download! The only thing I can think
    > of is it means "Clean Tape".

    Yes, CT is for Cleaning Tape. But Google could have told you that.

    -WD
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:57:34 GMT, Will Dormann <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:
    >
    >> Just bought a 2nd hand Dell Powervault 120T (a DLT7000 tape drive with
    >> an autoloader on the front). Each time I eject a tape I get the CT
    >> symbol appearing on the LCD. what does thi smean? Dell appears to have
    >> absolutely no manual available to download! The only thing I can think
    >> of is it means "Clean Tape".
    >
    > Yes, CT is for Cleaning Tape. But Google could have told you that.

    I spent 20 minutes trying to find it on google. CT is too small to be any use - the closest I got was a load of tape drivs with CT in the name.

    By the way, do you know if it's ok for the actual drive to make weird noises (like the motor is pushing against the end of a track, but not crunching or slipping) while it is calibrating? There is no error message as such. It sounds like an inkjet printer if the heads get jammed on a bit of paper, or it thinks they are somewhere they aren't, and runs them into the end.

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

    How are new girl friends like a fresh roll of toilet paper?
    Sometimes it's kind of hard to get the first piece, but after that you can rip one off anytime.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Peter Hucker wrote:

    > On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:57:34 GMT, Will Dormann
    > <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, CT is for Cleaning Tape. But Google could have told you that.
    >

    > I spent 20 minutes trying to find it on google. CT is too small to be
    > any use - the closest I got was a load of tape drivs with CT in the name.

    Click and learn, grasshopper
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Dell%20Powervault%20120T%20ct
    :)

    > By the way, do you know if it's ok for the actual drive to make weird
    > noises (like the motor is pushing against the end of a track, but not
    > crunching or slipping) while it is calibrating? There is no error
    > message as such. It sounds like an inkjet printer if the heads get
    > jammed on a bit of paper, or it thinks they are somewhere they aren't,
    > and runs them into the end.

    Some tape drives are pretty noisy.
    If you are concerned, maybe try the diagnostics:
    http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/stor-sys/sstealth/en/ug/trouble.htm

    -WD
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:27:59 GMT, Will Dormann <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:57:34 GMT, Will Dormann
    >> <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes, CT is for Cleaning Tape. But Google could have told you that.
    >>

    >> I spent 20 minutes trying to find it on google. CT is too small to be
    >> any use - the closest I got was a load of tape drivs with CT in the name.
    >
    > Click and learn, grasshopper
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=Dell%20Powervault%20120T%20ct
    > :)

    Well I tried all sorts of combinations, I guess you were lucky. CT is the model of a drive.

    Most stuff is easy to find, it's the odd thing google just gives complete irrelevant tripe.

    >> By the way, do you know if it's ok for the actual drive to make weird
    >> noises (like the motor is pushing against the end of a track, but not
    >> crunching or slipping) while it is calibrating? There is no error
    >> message as such. It sounds like an inkjet printer if the heads get
    >> jammed on a bit of paper, or it thinks they are somewhere they aren't,
    >> and runs them into the end.
    >
    > Some tape drives are pretty noisy.
    > If you are concerned, maybe try the diagnostics:
    > http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/stor-sys/sstealth/en/ug/trouble.htm

    Now how the hell did you find that? I went all over dell's site, and couldn't find anything except a couple of little diagrams and some specs. I'd love a manual for it, and software if required for the loader? I'm assuming the tape drive is a tape drive, but the loader will need special software? Looks like I have to pay Dell? I even tried phoning them wanting to buy a manual and software, but I got cut off! Cheapy phone systems like BT use. Get transferred to thin air. Although from the diagnostics page you produced, it looks like I can put it into sequential mode, and it would just use all 7 (or 6 if I use the autoclean thing) tapes automatically as they fill up.

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

    Can fat people go skinny-dipping?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Peter Hucker wrote:

    > On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:27:59 GMT, Will Dormann
    > <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> Some tape drives are pretty noisy.
    >> If you are concerned, maybe try the diagnostics:
    >> http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/stor-sys/sstealth/en/ug/trouble.htm
    >

    > Now how the hell did you find that?

    Magic!
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Dell+Powervault+120T+diagnostics
    Yes, most of the time Google is more useful than the actual website
    containing the information. :)

    -WD
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    This is an OEM version of the ADIC FasrStore 7, you can download the
    dokumentation from here:

    http://www.adic.com/adicSupportShell.jsp?Page=supportManuals

    Best Regards

    Johnny

    "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:27:59 GMT, Will Dormann
    <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

    > > Peter Hucker wrote:

    > >> I spent 20 minutes trying to find it on google. CT is too small to be
    > >> any use - the closest I got was a load of tape drivs with CT in the
    name.

    > > Click and learn, grasshopper
    > > http://www.google.com/search?q=Dell%20Powervault%20120T%20ct
    > > :)
    >
    > Well I tried all sorts of combinations, I guess you were lucky. CT is the
    model of a drive.

    > Most stuff is easy to find, it's the odd thing google just gives complete
    irrelevant tripe.

    > >> By the way, do you know if it's ok for the actual drive to make weird
    > >> noises (like the motor is pushing against the end of a track, but not
    > >> crunching or slipping) while it is calibrating? There is no error
    > >> message as such. It sounds like an inkjet printer if the heads get
    > >> jammed on a bit of paper, or it thinks they are somewhere they aren't,
    > >> and runs them into the end.
    > >
    > > Some tape drives are pretty noisy.
    > > If you are concerned, maybe try the diagnostics:
    > > http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/stor-sys/sstealth/en/ug/trouble.htm
    >
    > Now how the hell did you find that? I went all over dell's site, and
    couldn't find anything except a couple of little diagrams and some specs.
    I'd love a manual for it, and software if required for the loader? I'm
    assuming the tape drive is a tape drive, but the loader will need special
    software? Looks like I have to pay Dell? I even tried phoning them wanting
    to buy a manual and software, but I got cut off! Cheapy phone systems like
    BT use. Get transferred to thin air. Although from the diagnostics page
    you produced, it looks like I can put it into sequential mode, and it would
    just use all 7 (or 6 if I use the autoclean thing) tapes automatically as
    they fill up.

    > --
    > 13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    > 93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    > 1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    >
    > Can fat people go skinny-dipping?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    One million thanks!

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:23:40 +0200, Johnson_dk <johnson_dk_fjern_dette@post.tele.dk> wrote:

    > This is an OEM version of the ADIC FasrStore 7, you can download the
    > dokumentation from here:
    >

    > http://www.adic.com/adicSupportShell.jsp?Page=supportManuals
    >

    > Best Regards
    >
    > Johnny
    >

    > "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:27:59 GMT, Will Dormann
    > <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

    > name.
    >> >
    >> > Click and learn, grasshopper
    >> > http://www.google.com/search?q=Dell%20Powervault%20120T%20ct
    >> > :)
    >>
    >> Well I tried all sorts of combinations, I guess you were lucky. CT is the
    > model of a drive.
    >>
    >> Most stuff is easy to find, it's the odd thing google just gives complete
    > irrelevant tripe.

    >> > Some tape drives are pretty noisy.
    >> > If you are concerned, maybe try the diagnostics:
    >> > http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/stor-sys/sstealth/en/ug/trouble.htm
    >>
    >> Now how the hell did you find that? I went all over dell's site, and
    > couldn't find anything except a couple of little diagrams and some specs.
    > I'd love a manual for it, and software if required for the loader? I'm
    > assuming the tape drive is a tape drive, but the loader will need special
    > software? Looks like I have to pay Dell? I even tried phoning them wanting
    > to buy a manual and software, but I got cut off! Cheapy phone systems like
    > BT use. Get transferred to thin air. Although from the diagnostics page
    > you produced, it looks like I can put it into sequential mode, and it would
    > just use all 7 (or 6 if I use the autoclean thing) tapes automatically as
    > they fill up.
    >>

    >> --
    >> 13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    >> 93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    >> 1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    >>
    >> Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

    There's no need to worry, I have the memory of a.. a.. what's that thing called?
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:10:41 GMT, Will Dormann <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:27:59 GMT, Will Dormann
    >> <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Some tape drives are pretty noisy.
    >>> If you are concerned, maybe try the diagnostics:
    >>> http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/stor-sys/sstealth/en/ug/trouble.htm
    >>

    >> Now how the hell did you find that?
    >
    > Magic!
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=Dell+Powervault+120T+diagnostics
    > Yes, most of the time Google is more useful than the actual website
    > containing the information. :)

    I've noticed this, particularly with Microsoft....

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

    Polynesia -- memory loss in parrots.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Forgot to ask (as you seem to be familiar with this drive) - do I need any software or will the backup software handle it ok? I'm thinking the loader requires a speial driver? (I haven't received the SCSI cable for it yet so I can't test anything).

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:23:40 +0200, Johnson_dk <johnson_dk_fjern_dette@post.tele.dk> wrote:

    > This is an OEM version of the ADIC FasrStore 7, you can download the
    > dokumentation from here:
    >

    > http://www.adic.com/adicSupportShell.jsp?Page=supportManuals
    >

    > Best Regards
    >
    > Johnny
    >

    > "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:27:59 GMT, Will Dormann
    > <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

    > name.
    >> >
    >> > Click and learn, grasshopper
    >> > http://www.google.com/search?q=Dell%20Powervault%20120T%20ct
    >> > :)
    >>
    >> Well I tried all sorts of combinations, I guess you were lucky. CT is the
    > model of a drive.
    >>
    >> Most stuff is easy to find, it's the odd thing google just gives complete
    > irrelevant tripe.

    >> > Some tape drives are pretty noisy.
    >> > If you are concerned, maybe try the diagnostics:
    >> > http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/stor-sys/sstealth/en/ug/trouble.htm
    >>
    >> Now how the hell did you find that? I went all over dell's site, and
    > couldn't find anything except a couple of little diagrams and some specs.
    > I'd love a manual for it, and software if required for the loader? I'm
    > assuming the tape drive is a tape drive, but the loader will need special
    > software? Looks like I have to pay Dell? I even tried phoning them wanting
    > to buy a manual and software, but I got cut off! Cheapy phone systems like
    > BT use. Get transferred to thin air. Although from the diagnostics page
    > you produced, it looks like I can put it into sequential mode, and it would
    > just use all 7 (or 6 if I use the autoclean thing) tapes automatically as
    > they fill up.
    >>

    >> --
    >> 13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    >> 93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    >> 1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    >>
    >> Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

    It hurt the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to the wall.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Peter Hucker wrote:

    > Forgot to ask (as you seem to be familiar with this drive) - do I need
    > any software or will the backup software handle it ok? I'm thinking the
    > loader requires a speial driver? (I haven't received the SCSI cable for
    > it yet so I can't test anything).

    Sorry. I haven't worked with this drive, so I haven't a clue.

    -WD
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 04:16:47 GMT, Will Dormann <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:
    >
    >> Forgot to ask (as you seem to be familiar with this drive) - do I need
    >> any software or will the backup software handle it ok? I'm thinking the
    >> loader requires a speial driver? (I haven't received the SCSI cable for
    >> it yet so I can't test anything).
    >
    > Sorry. I haven't worked with this drive, so I haven't a clue.

    I shall play around with it. It has an auto setting which I think will change tapes sequentially itself when the drive ejects (which backup software should do when a tape becomes full).

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Nope, Backup Exec(or most other prof. Backup appications) will handle
    everything i, just remember to assign the loader a lower SCSI ID than the
    drive, then every think works fine (it sometimes works without, but if you
    do this there shuld be no prob. )

    > Forgot to ask (as you seem to be familiar with this drive) - do I need any
    software or will the backup software handle it ok? I'm thinking the loader
    requires a speial driver? (I haven't received the SCSI cable for it yet so
    I can't test anything).

    > On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:23:40 +0200, Johnson_dk
    <johnson_dk_fjern_dette@post.tele.dk> wrote:

    > > This is an OEM version of the ADIC FasrStore 7, you can download the
    > > dokumentation from here:
    > >

    > > http://www.adic.com/adicSupportShell.jsp?Page=supportManuals
    > >

    > > Best Regards
    > >
    > > Johnny
    > >

    > > "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote in message

    > > name.

    > >> Well I tried all sorts of combinations, I guess you were lucky. CT is
    the
    > > model of a drive.
    > >>
    > >> Most stuff is easy to find, it's the odd thing google just gives
    complete
    > > irrelevant tripe.

    > >> Now how the hell did you find that? I went all over dell's site, and
    > > couldn't find anything except a couple of little diagrams and some
    specs.
    > > I'd love a manual for it, and software if required for the loader? I'm
    > > assuming the tape drive is a tape drive, but the loader will need
    special
    > > software? Looks like I have to pay Dell? I even tried phoning them
    wanting
    > > to buy a manual and software, but I got cut off! Cheapy phone systems
    like
    > > BT use. Get transferred to thin air. Although from the diagnostics
    page
    > > you produced, it looks like I can put it into sequential mode, and it
    would
    > > just use all 7 (or 6 if I use the autoclean thing) tapes automatically
    as
    > > they fill up.
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> 13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    > >> 93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    > >> 1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    > >>
    > >> Can fat people go skinny-dipping?
    > >

    > --
    > 13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    > 93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    > 1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    >
    > It hurt the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to the
    wall.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Thanks.

    I can't believe this - the simplest of things - noone makes HVD terminators?!?!?!?

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

    Hamster and shredder combined make messy floor.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    If you cant find them, you can always purchase the from IBM, but im sure
    they are pretty expensive there.

    > Thanks.
    >
    > I can't believe this - the simplest of things - noone makes HVD
    terminators?!?!?!?

    > On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:39:23 +0200, Johnson_dk
    <johnson_dk_fjern_dette@post.tele.dk> wrote:

    > > Nope, Backup Exec(or most other prof. Backup appications) will handle
    > > everything i, just remember to assign the loader a lower SCSI ID than
    the
    > > drive, then every think works fine (it sometimes works without, but if
    you
    > > do this there shuld be no prob. )
    > >
    > > Best regards
    > >
    > > Johnny
    > >

    > > "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >> Forgot to ask (as you seem to be familiar with this drive) - do I need
    any
    > > software or will the backup software handle it ok? I'm thinking the
    loader
    > > requires a speial driver? (I haven't received the SCSI cable for it yet
    so
    > > I can't test anything).

    > > that.

    > > be

    > > the

    > > complete

    > > weird
    > > not
    > > aren't,

    http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/stor-sys/sstealth/en/ug/trouble.htm

    > > specs.
    I'm
    > > special
    > > wanting
    > > like
    > > page
    > > would
    > > as

    > >> --
    > >> 13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    > >> 93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    > >> 1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    > >>
    > >> It hurt the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to
    the
    > > wall.
    > >

    > --
    > 13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    > 93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    > 1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    >
    > Hamster and shredder combined make messy floor.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Can't see one on the site, but I'll give them a ring on monday. Thanks.

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 15:50:54 +0200, Johnson_dk <johnson_dk_fjern_dette@post.tele.dk> wrote:

    > If you cant find them, you can always purchase the from IBM, but im sure
    > they are pretty expensive there.
    >

    > Best regards
    >
    > Johnny
    >

    > "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> I can't believe this - the simplest of things - noone makes HVD
    > terminators?!?!?!?
    >>
    >> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:39:23 +0200, Johnson_dk
    > <johnson_dk_fjern_dette@post.tele.dk> wrote:
    >>

    >> > Nope, Backup Exec(or most other prof. Backup appications) will handle
    >> > everything i, just remember to assign the loader a lower SCSI ID than
    > the
    >> > drive, then every think works fine (it sometimes works without, but if
    > you
    >> > do this there shuld be no prob. )
    >> >
    >> > Best regards
    >> >
    >> > Johnny
    >> >

    >> > "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
    > any
    >> > software or will the backup software handle it ok? I'm thinking the
    > loader
    >> > requires a speial driver? (I haven't received the SCSI cable for it yet
    > so
    >> > I can't test anything).

    >> > that.

    >> > be
    > the

    > is
    >> > the

    >> > complete

    >> > weird
    >> > not
    > error
    > get
    >> > aren't,

    > http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/stor-sys/sstealth/en/ug/trouble.htm

    > and
    >> > specs.
    > I'm
    >> > special
    >> > wanting
    > systems
    >> > like
    >> > page
    >> > would
    > automatically
    >> > as

    > the
    >> > wall.
    >> >

    >> --
    >> 13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    >> 93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    >> 1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    >>
    >> Hamster and shredder combined make messy floor.

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

    Lemon entry my dear Watson.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    >Can't see one on the site, but I'll give them a ring on monday. Thanks.

    Either of you stupid top posters ever consider trimming?
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:31:28 -0500, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:

    > "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> Can't see one on the site, but I'll give them a ring on monday. Thanks.
    >
    > Either of you stupid top posters ever consider trimming?

    Ever considered getting a monitor big enough?

    And I ain't a top poster, I'm a "same as the last method" poster, it creates less mess.

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    Served from a watercooled dual 3.2GHz silent Athlon with 512GB of watercooled Raid.

    Why are they called buildings, when they're already finished? Shouldn't they be called builts?
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:43:05 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:31:28 -0500, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can't see one on the site, but I'll give them a ring on monday. Thanks.
    >>
    >> Either of you stupid top posters ever consider trimming?
    >
    >Ever considered getting a monitor big enough?
    >
    >And I ain't a top poster, I'm a "same as the last method" poster, it creates less mess.

    Ever consider thinking before you post?

    I am 100% sure your monitor isn't big enough to hold all the
    followups for many posts if they'd not been trimmed.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 05:26:16 GMT, kony <spam@spam.com> wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:43:05 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    > <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    >>> Either of you stupid top posters ever consider trimming?
    >>
    >> Ever considered getting a monitor big enough?
    >>
    >> And I ain't a top poster, I'm a "same as the last method" poster, it creates less mess.
    >
    > Ever consider thinking before you post?
    >
    > I am 100% sure your monitor isn't big enough to hold all the
    > followups for many posts if they'd not been trimmed.

    I can see this much

    ,

    ..

    ..
    ..

    ..

    ..
    ..

    ..

    ..

    ..

    ..

    ..
    ..
    ..

    ..
    ..

    ..

    ..

    ..

    ..

    ..
    ..

    ..

    ..
    To here.

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    Served from a watercooled dual 3.2GHz silent Athlon with 512GB of watercooled Raid.

    Wedding rings: the world's smallest handcuffs.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:25:24 +0100, Peter Hucker wrote:

    > I did not CHOOSE to post 184 lines. I just didn't snip as there wasn't anything getting in the way.

    Idiot.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    >I did not CHOOSE to post 184 lines.

    If you clicked the send button on a 184 line message then it was
    your choice. Half-baked excuses do nothing but reflect poorly on
    your judgement.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:15:37 GMT, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:25:24 +0100, Peter Hucker wrote:
    >>
    >>> I did not CHOOSE to post 184 lines. I just didn't snip as there wasn't anything getting in the way.
    >>
    >> Idiot.
    >
    >They're in YOUR, way,

    What do you mean by "in my way", moron?

    >YOU snip them.

    Idiot.

    >I can't predict what other people want.

    Posting unreadable garbage is obviously stupid.

    >You're ray's brother aren't you?

    Idiot.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:35:20 -0500, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:

    > "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    >>> Idiot.
    >>
    >> They're in YOUR, way,
    >
    > What do you mean by "in my way", moron?

    I mean YOU are the one complaining about them, god you're SLOW!

    >> YOU snip them.
    >
    > Idiot.

    You think EVERY poster has to snip? Think about it. Only 1 person in a 2 person conversation snips, the posts only get 1 quotation too long!

    >> I can't predict what other people want.
    >
    > Posting unreadable garbage is obviously stupid.

    You managed to reply to it, didn't you?

    >> You're ray's brother aren't you?
    >
    > Idiot.

    QED!

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    Served from a quad watercooled dual 2.8GHz silent Athlon with a half terrabyte Raid.

    Why are they called apartments, when they're all stuck together?
  24. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:56:06 GMT, kony <spam@spam.com> wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:25:24 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    > <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >> I did not CHOOSE to post 184 lines.
    >
    > If you clicked the send button on a 184 line message then it was
    > your choice. Half-baked excuses do nothing but reflect poorly on
    > your judgement.

    Grow up, this is a usenet chat thingy, not a bloody essay!

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    Served from a quad watercooled dual 2.8GHz silent Athlon with a half terrabyte Raid.

    More than 10,000 people in England and Wales required professional treatment for injuries caused by home telephones in 2002.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:43:51 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:56:06 GMT, kony <spam@spam.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:25:24 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    >> <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >>

    >>> I did not CHOOSE to post 184 lines.
    >>
    >> If you clicked the send button on a 184 line message then it was
    >> your choice. Half-baked excuses do nothing but reflect poorly on
    >> your judgement.
    >
    >Grow up, this is a usenet chat thingy, not a bloody essay!

    Another half-baked excuse, another poor reflection on your
    judgement.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 14:11:07 GMT, kony <spam@spam.com> wrote:

    > On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:43:51 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    > <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:56:06 GMT, kony <spam@spam.com> wrote:

    >>> If you clicked the send button on a 184 line message then it was
    >>> your choice. Half-baked excuses do nothing but reflect poorly on
    >>> your judgement.
    >>
    >> Grow up, this is a usenet chat thingy, not a bloody essay!
    >
    > Another half-baked excuse, another poor reflection on your
    > judgement.

    You are a fool. Why do you think it's judgement?

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    Served from a quad watercooled dual 2.8GHz silent Athlon with a half terrabyte Raid.

    How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak!
  27. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    tanstafl <me@mine.xxz> wrote:

    >On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 02:48:34 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    ><hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>And you've topposted and oversnipped, so I have no idea what you were replying about.
    >
    >Touche :) - and point made for certain others.

    Like OE-mutilated garbage, posted by on OE-using idiot, is about as
    readable as text which has been deleted entirely?

    >>See below for the request.
    >
    >Thankee. Enough of the faux flame gambit - but I have enjoyed your
    >tags. Top, bottom and in-line posting all have a place - solely the
    >subjective choice of the poster. But no matter what you choose,
    >someone's gonna call you a sinner. Such is life.

    Not a sinner, just stupid, lazy, and selfish.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:

    >>Thankee. Enough of the faux flame gambit - but I have enjoyed your
    >>tags. Top, bottom and in-line posting all have a place - solely the
    >>subjective choice of the poster. But no matter what you choose,
    >>someone's gonna call you a sinner. Such is life.
    >
    >Not a sinner, just stupid, lazy, and selfish.

    I'll note that, while rare, some top-posters make an effort at
    communication, by providing some context in their responses, trimming
    appropriately, or switching to in-line responses when appropriate.
    Eric falls into this category.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    >chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    >>
    >> What do you mean by "in my way", moron?
    >
    >I mean YOU are the one complaining about them,

    Idiot. I would not have even responded to your huge ugly posts, if it
    had not been to berate you for you laziness. It wouldn't do much good
    for me to trim a post that I don't intend to send, now does it?
    You've done the damage, posted the garbage, wasted the bandwidth, and
    there's nothing I can do about it.

    >god you're SLOW!

    My wondering about your erroneous word usage does not make me "slow",
    idiot. Rather ironic, from the fool who can't even figure out why
    it's not good to send unreadable garbage all over usenet.

    Don't you know you're stupid?

    >>> YOU snip them.
    >>
    >> Idiot.
    >
    >You think EVERY poster has to snip? Think about it. Only 1 person in a 2 person conversation snips, the posts only get 1 quotation too long!

    Yet, in this case, neither one of you stupid top posters snipped, as
    is normal for top posters. Your hypothetic "if" is meaningless.

    >>> I can't predict what other people want.
    >>
    >> Posting unreadable garbage is obviously stupid.
    >
    >You managed to reply to it, didn't you?

    Idiot. Are you implying that the fact that someone complained somehow
    makes your garbage-posting less stupid?

    >>> You're ray's brother aren't you?
    >>
    >> Idiot.
    >
    >QED!

    Idiot!

    "Ray's brother" indeed. Whoever "Ray" is... I guess it's common for
    top posters to expect others to work at understanding what the hell
    they are talking about.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 12:54:18 -0500, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:

    > tanstafl <me@mine.xxz> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 02:48:34 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    >> <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >>
    >>> And you've topposted and oversnipped, so I have no idea what you were replying about.
    >>
    >> Touche :) - and point made for certain others.
    >
    > Like OE-mutilated garbage, posted by on OE-using idiot, is about as
    > readable as text which has been deleted entirely?
    >
    >>> See below for the request.
    >>
    >> Thankee. Enough of the faux flame gambit - but I have enjoyed your
    >> tags. Top, bottom and in-line posting all have a place - solely the
    >> subjective choice of the poster. But no matter what you choose,
    >> someone's gonna call you a sinner. Such is life.
    >
    > Not a sinner, just stupid, lazy, and selfish.

    Nope, just not a sad loser who does nothing but replies to usenet all day long, perfectly formatted as though he was entering it into a high-flying magzine article.

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    Served from a pentawatercooled dual 2.8GHz silent Athlon with half TB RAID.

    TV takes over your life when you could be doing useful things like smoking crack and stealing car stereos.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:53:40 -0500, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:

    > "Peter Hucker" <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> What do you mean by "in my way", moron?
    >>
    >> I mean YOU are the one complaining about them,
    >
    > Idiot. I would not have even responded to your huge ugly posts, if it
    > had not been to berate you for you laziness. It wouldn't do much good
    > for me to trim a post that I don't intend to send, now does it?
    > You've done the damage, posted the garbage, wasted the bandwidth, and
    > there's nothing I can do about it.

    Bandwidth? What are you on a 1200 baud?

    >> god you're SLOW!
    >
    > My wondering about your erroneous word usage does not make me "slow",
    > idiot. Rather ironic, from the fool who can't even figure out why
    > it's not good to send unreadable garbage all over usenet.
    >
    > Don't you know you're stupid?

    I have no idea what you are referring to, as you have stupidly snipped the required context.

    >>> Idiot.
    >>
    >> You think EVERY poster has to snip? Think about it. Only 1 person in a 2 person conversation snips, the posts only get 1 quotation too long!
    >
    > Yet, in this case, neither one of you stupid top posters snipped, as
    > is normal for top posters. Your hypothetic "if" is meaningless.

    I am not a top poster. Get that through your thick head.

    And if two people are the only ones conversing at that moment, and neither cares about long unsnipped messages, then where lies the problem?

    >>> Posting unreadable garbage is obviously stupid.
    >>
    >> You managed to reply to it, didn't you?
    >
    > Idiot. Are you implying that the fact that someone complained somehow
    > makes your garbage-posting less stupid?

    You said unreadable. But you read it. Clever that eh?

    >>> Idiot.
    >>
    >> QED!
    >
    > Idiot!
    >
    > "Ray's brother" indeed. Whoever "Ray" is... I guess it's common for
    > top posters to expect others to work at understanding what the hell
    > they are talking about.

    Someone with several socks, who can write nothing useful to anyone, but just writes IDIOT everywhere.

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    Served from a pentawatercooled dual 2.8GHz silent Athlon with half TB RAID.

    Does the Little Mermaid wear an algebra?
  32. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:20:57 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    <snip>

    >Nope, just not a sad loser

    Untrue.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:22:13 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    >Bandwidth? What are you on a 1200 baud?

    Dear dumbass,
    the aggregate bandwidth of the news server is constant, so when
    dumbasses like you post 3-5+X as much as you should, EVERYONE'S
    access is slower. Even if you have 35 T1s shoved up your ass you
    still will have to wait longer. Additionally it increases
    storage capacity needed, raising equipment costs in a
    trickle-down effect, for anyone/everyone paying for news service
    or internet/etc. that includes that service. It makes Google
    searches slower and reading takes longer. In short, it's not
    that there's no problem, rather that you're too stupid to
    understand the problem.

    <snip>

    >Someone with several socks, who can write nothing useful to anyone, but just writes IDIOT everywhere.

    .... but it's not just his opinion that you're an idiot...
    You and your ego are a minority.
  34. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:45:22 GMT, kony <spam@spam.com> wrote:

    > On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:20:57 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    > <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Nope, just not a sad loser
    >
    > Untrue.

    Too much snippage, ignoring post.

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    Served from a pentawatercooled dual 2.8GHz silent Athlon with half TB RAID.

    How does an Italian get into an honest business?
    Through the skylight.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:01:39 GMT, kony <spam@spam.com> wrote:

    > On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:22:13 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    > <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >> Bandwidth? What are you on a 1200 baud?
    >

    > Dear dumbass,
    > the aggregate bandwidth of the news server is constant, so when
    > dumbasses like you post 3-5+X as much as you should, EVERYONE'S
    > access is slower. Even if you have 35 T1s shoved up your ass you
    > still will have to wait longer. Additionally it increases
    > storage capacity needed, raising equipment costs in a
    > trickle-down effect, for anyone/everyone paying for news service
    > or internet/etc. that includes that service. It makes Google
    > searches slower and reading takes longer. In short, it's not
    > that there's no problem, rather that you're too stupid to
    > understand the problem.

    Blah blah blah.,........ alt.binaries.*

    > <snip>
    >
    >> Someone with several socks, who can write nothing useful to anyone, but just writes IDIOT everywhere.
    >
    > ... but it's not just his opinion that you're an idiot...
    > You and your ego are a minority.

    Boring twits like you who want textt perfect are the minoority. Go find something more interesting to do like a game of noughts and crosses.

    --
    13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    Served from a pentawatercooled dual 2.8GHz silent Athlon with half TB RAID.

    If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:25:23 -0500, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:

    > chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>> Thankee. Enough of the faux flame gambit - but I have enjoyed your
    >>> tags. Top, bottom and in-line posting all have a place - solely the
    >>> subjective choice of the poster. But no matter what you choose,
    >>> someone's gonna call you a sinner. Such is life.
    >>
    >> Not a sinner, just stupid, lazy, and selfish.
    >
    > I'll note that, while rare, some top-posters make an effort at
    > communication, by providing some context in their responses, trimming
    > appropriately, or switching to in-line responses when appropriate.
    > Eric falls into this category.

    Get out of the 19th century.

    --
    FOURTEEN - CHECK OUT THE BABY! parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    Served from a pentawatercooled dual 2.8GHz silent Athlon with half TB RAID.

    An Arab diplomat visiting the US for the first time was being wined and dined by the State Department. The Grand Emir was unused to the salt in American foods (french fries, cheeses, salami, anchovies etc.,) and was constantly sending his man-servant Abdul to fetch him a glass of water.
    Time and again, Abdul would scamper off and return with a glass of water, but then came the time when he returned empty-handed. "Abdul, you son of an ugly camel, where is my water??" demanded the Grand Emir.
    "A thousand pardons, O Illustrious One," stammered the wretched Abdul, "white man sit on well."
  37. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:06:29 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    >Get out of the 19th century.

    Check your calendar, Peter. 21st century posters don't agree.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:36:05 GMT, kony <spam@spam.com> wrote:

    > On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:06:29 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    > <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> Get out of the 19th century.
    >

    > Check your calendar, Peter. 21st century posters don't agree.

    Not my fault religion screwed up our calendar system. I of course meant the 20th century.

    --
    FOURTEEN - CHECK OUT THE BABY! parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    Served from a pentawatercooled dual 2.8GHz silent Athlon with half TB RAID.

    A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.

Hardware Dell Error Message Storage