steam inspired gif animation (rude/grouse)

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

steam inspired gif animation (rude/grouse)

another steam inspired work, this time in gif animation format
its rude and grouse so if you don't want to be offended please
don't check it
i can only describe it as the way steam humiliates everyone who
accepts it

http://www.nforce.nl/forum/images/avatars/1405845568421463c26ef44.gif

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

More about steam inspired animation rude grouse
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Hong Ooi wrote:

    > ThaADVANCEnks!

    "Advance in thanks"?

    Perhaps you meant "AdvaTHANKSnce"?

    And you forgot your catchphase.

    Jeez, standards are slipping around here.

    What? I'm supposed to be discussing the topic? Oh, um, yeah, it's
    lovely. Whatever.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    sayNO2steam wrote:
    > steam inspired gif animation (rude/grouse)
    >
    > another steam inspired work, this time in gif animation format
    > its rude and grouse so if you don't want to be offended please
    > don't check it
    > i can only describe it as the way steam humiliates everyone who
    > accepts it

    Clever gif - made me smile. No humiliation in Steam though. Bought
    HL2, played it (3 times), moved on.

    Since November I've played Chronicles of Riddick (twice), Call of Duty
    United Offensive, Black Hawk Down Team Sabre and Medal of Honour Pacific
    Assault (not finished). I've also replayed Doom 3 and Max Payne 2. On
    the demo side of tried Swat 4 and Darwinia. I also regularly play
    AOEII, UT04 and CS:Source.

    What have you played since November last year?

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...

    > sayNO2steam wrote:
    >> steam inspired gif animation (rude/grouse)
    >>
    >> another steam inspired work, this time in gif animation format
    >> its rude and grouse so if you don't want to be offended please
    >> don't check it
    >> i can only describe it as the way steam humiliates everyone who
    >> accepts it
    >>

    > Clever gif - made me smile. No humiliation in Steam though. Bought HL2,
    > played it (3 times), moved on.
    >
    > Since November I've played Chronicles of Riddick (twice), Call of Duty
    > United Offensive, Black Hawk Down Team Sabre and Medal of Honour Pacific
    > Assault (not finished). I've also replayed Doom 3 and Max Payne 2. On
    > the demo side of tried Swat 4 and Darwinia. I also regularly play AOEII,
    > UT04 and CS:Source.
    >
    > What have you played since November last year?

    With himself?
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    .... there came a great Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> flying, and
    he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

    >Clever gif - made me smile. No humiliation in Steam though. Bought
    >HL2, played it (3 times), moved on.
    >
    >Since November I've played Chronicles of Riddick (twice), Call of Duty
    >United Offensive, Black Hawk Down Team Sabre and Medal of Honour Pacific
    >Assault (not finished). I've also replayed Doom 3 and Max Payne 2. On
    >the demo side of tried Swat 4 and Darwinia. I also regularly play
    >AOEII, UT04 and CS:Source.
    >
    >What have you played since November last year?

    when do you sleep/eat/WORK???
    --
    "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
    (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

    Cole Turner wrote:
    > .... there came a great Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> flying, and
    > he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:
    >

    >>Clever gif - made me smile. No humiliation in Steam though. Bought
    >>HL2, played it (3 times), moved on.
    >>
    >>Since November I've played Chronicles of Riddick (twice), Call of Duty
    >>United Offensive, Black Hawk Down Team Sabre and Medal of Honour Pacific
    >>Assault (not finished). I've also replayed Doom 3 and Max Payne 2. On
    >>the demo side of tried Swat 4 and Darwinia. I also regularly play
    >>AOEII, UT04 and CS:Source.
    >>
    >>What have you played since November last year?
    >

    > when do you sleep/eat/WORK???

    LOL. Actually work a lot of hours (50 - 60 per week). However I have
    to use all my holiday entitlement by end of March or lose it. Last year
    was very busy with new contracts so didnt get much holiday - answer to
    that is over the last few months I've had lots of long weekends (off
    yesterday and today for eg) and it's my way of relaxing.

    Wife at work, kids at school, no decorating to be done, wrong time of
    year for gardening (in the UK) plus I have the kind of job where I come
    home wanting to shoot something!

    Most of the games above are pretty short too and can be finished in 3 or
    4 sittings the exception being Pacific Assault that I am struggling to
    get into and only play for an hour or so before getting frustrated with
    it. The last few games you can just dip in and out of for an hour.

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...
    What do you mean?
    Well, I mean like,... you've SLEPT, with a lady...
    Yes...
    What's it like?
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    > sayNO2steam wrote:
    >> steam inspired gif animation (rude/grouse)
    >>
    >> another steam inspired work, this time in gif animation format
    >> its rude and grouse so if you don't want to be offended please
    >> don't check it
    >> i can only describe it as the way steam humiliates everyone who
    >> accepts it
    >>

    > Clever gif - made me smile. No humiliation in Steam though. Bought HL2,
    > played it (3 times), moved on.
    >
    > Since November I've played Chronicles of Riddick (twice), Call of Duty
    > United Offensive, Black Hawk Down Team Sabre and Medal of Honour Pacific
    > Assault (not finished). I've also replayed Doom 3 and Max Payne 2. On
    > the demo side of tried Swat 4 and Darwinia. I also regularly play AOEII,
    > UT04 and CS:Source.

    And got laid ZERO times.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:00:55 +0000, sayNO2steam <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >steam inspired gif animation (rude/grouse)
    >
    >another steam inspired work, this time in gif animation format
    >its rude and grouse so if you don't want to be offended please
    >don't check it
    >i can only describe it as the way steam humiliates everyone who
    >accepts it

    Oi fool, do you mind keeping quiet for a bit? It's my turn to be rude this
    week.

    ThaADVANCEnks!

    --
    Hong Ooi | "COUNTERSRTIKE IS AN REAL-TIME
    hong@zipworld.com.au | STRATEGY GAME!!!"

    HockeyTownUSA wrote:
    > "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
    >
    >>sayNO2steam wrote:
    >>
    >>>steam inspired gif animation (rude/grouse)
    >>>
    >>>another steam inspired work, this time in gif animation format
    >>>its rude and grouse so if you don't want to be offended please
    >>>don't check it
    >>>i can only describe it as the way steam humiliates everyone who
    >>>accepts it
    >>>

    >>Clever gif - made me smile. No humiliation in Steam though. Bought HL2,
    >>played it (3 times), moved on.
    >>
    >>Since November I've played Chronicles of Riddick (twice), Call of Duty
    >>United Offensive, Black Hawk Down Team Sabre and Medal of Honour Pacific
    >>Assault (not finished). I've also replayed Doom 3 and Max Payne 2. On
    >>the demo side of tried Swat 4 and Darwinia. I also regularly play AOEII,
    >>UT04 and CS:Source.
    >>

    > And got laid ZERO times.

    Only slightly more than zero but then I *am* married...

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...
    What do you mean?
    Well, I mean like,... you've SLEPT, with a lady...
    Yes...
    What's it like?
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Chadwick" wrote

    > Hong Ooi wrote:

    >> ThaADVANCEnks!

    > Perhaps you meant "AdvaTHANKSnce"?

    You beat me to it.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Shawk wrote:
    > What have you played since November last year?

    The only game the Fool plays is Usenet.

    Cheers!
    David...
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Shawk wrote:

    > HL2, played it (3 times), moved on.

    that's not the point!
    the point is valve trying to make other publishers using steam!
    so the problem is the future!

    the other night i had this terrible nightmare in which the first
    non-valve game using steam was announced...
    such i relieve when i realized it was only a very bad dream

    > Since November I've played Chronicles of Riddick (twice), Call of Duty

    why do you specifically wrote "bought" when referring to hl2 and
    only "played" when referring to everything else? please next time
    always disclose you have also "bought" the other pc games please

    > What have you played since November last year?

    like i told in the past when someone had the very unfortunate idea
    of creating a worthless thread only for that subject i said i will
    not disclose that cause of the incredible hostile environment this
    group has against me only cause i fight valve and steam

    let me only give you an example, i showed this group intention on
    buying psychotoxic, and the amount of posts making fun of me and
    putting me down just cause i showed preference to psychotoxic is
    a complete disgrace!

    either valve gives up on steam or the pro steam bunch changes their
    minds and stop attacking true pc gamers which don't accept steam,
    or i don't see how can i write freely and with no limitations

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    against steam campaign
    http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

    steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
    http://www.steamwatch.org/

  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "sayNO2steam" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > either valve gives up on steam or the pro steam bunch changes their
    > minds and stop attacking true pc gamers which don't accept steam,
    > or i don't see how can i write freely and with no limitations
    >
    > --

    Even developers at the Developers Gaming Conference don't agree with you.
    These guys are the pros, these guys do it for a living and even THEY don't
    agree with you.
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    sayNO2steam wrote:

    > why do you specifically wrote "bought" when referring to hl2 and
    > only "played" when referring to everything else? please next time
    > always disclose you have also "bought" the other pc games please

    Are you suggesting I'm a thief??

    I bought HL2, D3, AOEII, UT04, MP2, BHDTS

    The Chronicles of Riddick, COD and MOH games were presents (birthday
    December and Xmas)

    >>What have you played since November last year?
    >

    > like i told in the past when someone had the very unfortunate idea
    > of creating a worthless thread only for that subject i said i will
    > not disclose that cause of the incredible hostile environment this
    > group has against me only cause i fight valve and steam

    It is hostile because you cannot give any examples of recent games you
    have played that would make you a gamer and therefore a little more
    entitled to have views and preach to others on the subject

    > let me only give you an example, i showed this group intention on
    > buying psychotoxic, and the amount of posts making fun of me and
    > putting me down just cause i showed preference to psychotoxic is
    > a complete disgrace!

    Psychotoxic is rubbish. Even PC Gamer (who normally over-rate games)
    give it less than 30%. Again - you are not helping your credibility

    > either valve gives up on steam or the pro steam bunch changes their
    > minds and stop attacking true pc gamers which don't accept steam,
    > or i don't see how can i write freely and with no limitations

    No-one has ever said that *you* must accept Steam. However others have
    and that is their own choice and none of your business.

    No-one can stop you writing freely and there are no limitations. We
    cannot even prevent you from abusing others - unfortunately. You have
    previously called me a liar - I said my retail HL2 box had a unique
    number on it - it was just a joke - I was referring to the unique CD key
    that was on my box. Other names 'may' have been deserved from your
    point of view but you have never had cause to call people retarded
    consolist scum. My young daughter has a PSX - she is neither scum nor
    retarded. She uses it for her dance-mat. She also enjoys playing Sims
    2 and regularly fragging me in multiplayer LAN games on her own gaming PC.

    Treat others as you would like to be treated.

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...
    What do you mean?
    Well, I mean like,... you've SLEPT, with a lady...
    Yes...
    What's it like?
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On 18 Mar 2005 02:29:40 -0800, "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Hong Ooi wrote:
    >
    >> ThaADVANCEnks!
    >
    >"Advance in thanks"?
    >
    >Perhaps you meant "AdvaTHANKSnce"?
    >
    >And you forgot your catchphase.

    Well, I would have used it, but then I remembered that "I pity difool" is
    trademarked.

    Or is that patented?

    I always get those mixed up.

    --
    Hong Ooi | "COUNTERSRTIKE IS AN REAL-TIME
    hong@zipworld.com.au | STRATEGY GAME!!!"
    http://www.zipworld.com.au/~hong/dnd/ | -- RR
    Sydney, Australia |
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:19:56 +0000, sayNO2steam <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >let me only give you an example, i showed this group intention on
    >buying psychotoxic, and the amount of posts making fun of me and
    >putting me down just cause i showed preference to psychotoxic is
    >a complete disgrace!

    s/toxic/toxins

    I'd hit that.

    --
    Hong Ooi | "COUNTERSRTIKE IS AN REAL-TIME
    hong@zipworld.com.au | STRATEGY GAME!!!"
    http://www.zipworld.com.au/~hong/dnd/ | -- RR
    Sydney, Australia |
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "sayNO2steam" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    <snip>

    > > What have you played since November last year?
    >
    > like i told in the past when someone had the very unfortunate idea
    > of creating a worthless thread only for that subject i said i will
    > not disclose that cause of the incredible hostile environment this
    > group has against me only cause i fight valve and steam
    >
    > let me only give you an example, i showed this group intention on
    > buying psychotoxic, and the amount of posts making fun of me and
    > putting me down just cause i showed preference to psychotoxic is
    > a complete disgrace!

    It's called a lack of respect when others put you down or made fun of you
    when you said that you liked game X. It's also a lack of respect on your
    part to flame others for owning HL2 or a video game console.

    Sometimes we just don't have enough tolerance and respect for our fellow
    dog.

    BTW Is Pyscho Toxic out yet? It sounds like it could be an interesting
    shooter.

    http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=466747
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, Shawk wrote:

    > Are you suggesting I'm a thief??

    no! please!
    i only pointed out you specifically mentioned "bought" and "played" in
    hl2 and all others you only wrote about "playing", like you downgraded
    everything else compared to hl2 and i think that's wrong and unfair!

    > give it less than 30%. Again - you are not helping your credibility

    i can't believe it has such a low score, i can't!
    anyone bought psychotoxic yet? can anyone please give us some feedback
    about psychotoxic?

    > retarded. She uses it for her dance-mat. She also enjoys playing Sims

    i said the same to olddog, good parenting will make children use a pc
    at early ages including games! its the best for her future! obviously
    she's not to be blamed for having a console, it wasn't she who bought
    it but her parents, so they are to blame!

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    against steam campaign
    http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

    steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
    http://www.steamwatch.org/

  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    sayNO2steam wrote:

    > i said the same to olddog, good parenting will make children use a pc
    > at early ages including games! its the best for her future! obviously
    > she's not to be blamed for having a console, it wasn't she who bought
    > it but her parents, so they are to blame!

    You see Shawk, it's your bad parenting that has left you with consolist
    scum for offspring.

    Be honest - did you see that one coming? I certainly didn't.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    sayNO2steam wrote:

    > i said the same to olddog, good parenting will make children use a pc
    > at early ages including games! its the best for her future!

    No. Good parenting will give a child a balanced view of life and will
    teach them the confidence to make their own decisions and to learn from
    their mistakes. A well adjusted young adult will be able to consider an
    issue, weigh the pro's and cons and make an informed decision on what is
    best for them. Parenting may include providing a PC but will definitely
    include teaching them that a PC is merely a tool and not something to
    sit in front of like a mindless zombie night after night.

    obviously
    > she's not to be blamed for having a console, it wasn't she who bought
    > it but her parents, so they are to blame!

    Aah. So you are saying that as her parent *I* am retarded consolist scum?

    BTW - can you tell me what newsgroup you are actually posting from? I
    do not like or agree with cross-posting to NG's where this may be
    completely off-topic. Have removed the Half-life NG cos I *know* you
    wouldn't be seen in that Steam-infected place.

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...
    What do you mean?
    Well, I mean like,... you've SLEPT, with a lady...
    Yes...
    What's it like?
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Chadwick wrote:
    > sayNO2steam wrote:
    >

    >>i said the same to olddog, good parenting will make children use a pc
    >>at early ages including games! its the best for her future! obviously
    >>she's not to be blamed for having a console, it wasn't she who bought
    >>it but her parents, so they are to blame!
    >

    > You see Shawk, it's your bad parenting that has left you with consolist
    > scum for offspring.
    >
    > Be honest - did you see that one coming? I certainly didn't.

    Lol.. yeah - all my own fault

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...
    What do you mean?
    Well, I mean like,... you've SLEPT, with a lady...
    Yes...
    What's it like?
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, Shawk wrote:
    >
    > > Are you suggesting I'm a thief??
    >
    > no! please!
    > i only pointed out you specifically mentioned "bought" and "played" in
    > hl2 and all others you only wrote about "playing", like you downgraded
    > everything else compared to hl2 and i think that's wrong and unfair!
    >
    > > give it less than 30%. Again - you are not helping your credibility
    >
    > i can't believe it has such a low score, i can't!
    > anyone bought psychotoxic yet? can anyone please give us some feedback
    > about psychotoxic?

    Have you tried searching the web for reviews?

    http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/468046.asp?q=psycho

    Have you d/l and played the demo yet?
    http://www.3dgamers.com/games/psychotoxic/downloads/

    When you do, please give the rest of us in here a review.

    http://www.whiptailinteractive.com/games_psychotoxic.php
    "Highly interactive environment with nearly everything being destructible"
    Sounds like my kind of game. Bring on the destruction!

    > > retarded. She uses it for her dance-mat. She also enjoys playing Sims
    >
    > i said the same to olddog, good parenting will make children use a pc
    > at early ages including games! its the best for her future! obviously
    > she's not to be blamed for having a console, it wasn't she who bought
    > it but her parents, so they are to blame!

    Are you a parent?
    How many kids do you have?
    What are their ages?
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, "OldDog" wrote:

    > Have you tried searching the web for reviews?

    i don't pay too much attention to reviews

    > Have you d/l and played the demo yet?

    not downloading demos lately... cause of personal limitations

    > http://www.whiptailinteractive.com/games_psychotoxic.php
    > "Highly interactive environment with nearly everything being destructible"
    > Sounds like my kind of game. Bring on the destruction!

    me too!
    that's why i'll buy it!
    and btw these are the things i like olddog to write about!
    with this you will always have my full respect!

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    against steam campaign
    http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

    steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
    http://www.steamwatch.org/

    what steam does to pc gamers in a million word worth picture:
    http://www.nforce.nl/forum/images/avatars/1405845568421463c26ef44.gif

Games Steam IBM Video Games