I'm using nero 5.5 and has a CDRW, I'm able to burn audio
or data CD. I was thinking of burning VCD, could I used
CDRW to burn VCD? Sorry if my question sounds dumb to
you, cos this is the first time that I'm new to burning
CD. Another question is if I were to download software
from the net, what is the step that I could burn it on
the CD, cos normally I used to copy from CD to CD.....

"shannon" <anonymous@discussion> wrote in message
> I'm using nero 5.5 and has a CDRW, I'm able to burn audio
> or data CD. I was thinking of burning VCD, could I used
> CDRW to burn VCD? Sorry if my question sounds dumb to
> you, cos this is the first time that I'm new to burning
> CD. Another question is if I were to download software
> from the net, what is the step that I could burn it on
> the CD, cos normally I used to copy from CD to CD.....

Hi, Shannon:

There is a lot of helpful information including tutorials, etc. on burning
VCDs here: http://www.videohelp.com/ And yes, all you need is your CD
burner and a blank CD-R. Regarding your question about burning software to
CD: it depends on which format you want to save it. If it's just an EXE
file, use Nero to create a "data" CD, and burn the exe file to the CD-R. If
the software is an ISO file, the approach is slightly different:
http://www.weethet.nl/english/cdrw_usingnero_bincue.php

Hope that helps,
Ian.

I'd suggest buying a proper version of software.
Graham

"Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'd suggest buying a proper version of software.
> Graham

Dear MVP Graham:

You are assuming that the software in question is pirated commercial
software, aren't you? I didn't make that assumption, and there was
absolutely nothing in the OP's question that should have caused you to leap
to such a conclusion. There is a ton of *freeware* available out there for
download in both exe and ISO formats.

Regards,
Ian.