DVD burning software

carlos

Distinguished
May 5, 2002

Hello there !
Maybe this is a dumb question, I'm just starting out.
Is there a video software that allows me to get the 360 mins
recording time of a dvd-rw? I have Studio 8 and it only allows 124 mins. I also
have MyDVD 4 and it allows me the same recording time.
My captured video is VCD quality, it's about 240 mins and it is
2.36 Gb size (it should fit on a 4.7 Gb dvd, isn't it?)
My dvd burner is a sony DRX-510UL
Your attention and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks !
Carlos

Your captured video out of the camera should be in avi format. You then
export or save to VCD compatible MPG and then use some software like nero to
burn to VCD.

"Carlos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello there !
> Maybe this is a dumb question, I'm just starting out.
> Is there a video software that allows me to get the 360 mins
> recording time of a dvd-rw? I have Studio 8 and it only allows 124 mins. I
also
> have MyDVD 4 and it allows me the same recording time.
> My captured video is VCD quality, it's about 240 mins and it is
> 2.36 Gb size (it should fit on a 4.7 Gb dvd, isn't it?)
> My dvd burner is a sony DRX-510UL
> Your attention and help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks !
> Carlos

carlos

Distinguished
May 5, 2002

Thanks Nick, but I don't get it, my files are already mpeg1, captured from analog (VCR).
What I want to do is fill a 360 min DVD-RW (6 hours of video), with those mpeg1 files.

> Thanks Nick, but I don't get it, my files are already mpeg1, captured from
analog (VCR).
> What I want to do is fill a 360 min DVD-RW (6 hours of video), with those
mpeg1 files.

Try this site, it will fix you up.

http://www.videohelp.com/

"Carlos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Nick, but I don't get it, my files are already mpeg1, captured from
analog (VCR).
> What I want to do is fill a 360 min DVD-RW (6 hours of video), with those
mpeg1 files.

You can only get so much on a disk, so if you have more than will fit, you
have to compress even more which will result in less quality.

carlos

Distinguished
May 5, 2002

Thanks Nick !