playing data

i am trying to record data and audio movies on cdrw and they record ok to play back on my com . but if i try to play in a dvd player they will not play . what kind of recording disc do i need to use

peter

This really depends upon the DVD player
In my DVD manual it tells me which disks and what formats are playable on my
player.
What does your manual say???
peter
"shelia" <sdisatell@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> i am trying to record data and audio movies on cdrw and they record ok to play
back on my com . but if i try to play in a dvd player they will not play . what
kind of recording disc do i need to use

"shelia" <sdisatell@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> i am trying to record data and audio movies on cdrw and they record ok to
play back on my com . but if i try to play in a dvd player they will not
play . what kind of recording disc do i need to use

It's not about the type of discs you use, it's about the FORMAT you use to
burn them. If you burn an avi movie file as a "data" disc for instance, it
will play back just fine on your computer, but not on your home DVD player.

Educate thyself: http://www.videohelp.com/

By the way, what are "audio movies?"

--
Ian.