Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Having trouble with Movie Maker. Using a Dazzle capture
device and an analog camcorder with Windows XP Prof. When
attempting to capture video in Movie maker after playing
camcorder and clicking capture, I get a notice that
the "video device is currently in use. Close any other
application that is using the device and try again."
The closest Microdsoft explanation I get is that when
using a USB port, the handler may not recognize that it
is closed and that rebooting will fix it. It Doesn't.
Any Ideas???????????

I used the same capture device but used a vcr to input audio/video, I had to download an updated driver from Dazzle to get it to capture.This seemed to work till I noticed the video and audio are out of sync. I'm using windows xp home and may be in the market for a Mac.,if the fix for this is unavailable. Brian.