XP Pro and Home - Linksys one-way

I am running XP Home on a machine that is hard-wired [ethernet cable] to a Linksys G. The remote machine is running XP Pro. The Pro can see all the shared files on the Home, but not vice-versa. The Home machine does not show any "workgroup computers." The Pro machine does show the workgroup machines. Both machines, however, see and use the printer that is attached to the other. I have turned the Guest Accounts on. What am I missing here?
--
Arch
4 answers Last reply

    hi,

    Please disable/unisntall any internet security software or firewall installed in XP Home system.

    "Arch" wrote:

    > I am running XP Home on a machine that is hard-wired [ethernet cable] to a Linksys G. The remote machine is running XP Pro. The Pro can see all the shared files on the Home, but not vice-versa. The Home machine does not show any "workgroup computers." The Pro machine does show the workgroup machines. Both machines, however, see and use the printer that is attached to the other. I have turned the Guest Accounts on. What am I missing here?
    > --
    > Arch

    You need to setup user accounts on the XP Pro machine, for each login name,
    that uses the XP Home machine.

    Bill Crocker

    "Arch" <Arch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am running XP Home on a machine that is hard-wired [ethernet cable] to a
    Linksys G. The remote machine is running XP Pro. The Pro can see all the
    shared files on the Home, but not vice-versa. The Home machine does not
    show any "workgroup computers." The Pro machine does show the workgroup
    machines. Both machines, however, see and use the printer that is attached
    to the other. I have turned the Guest Accounts on. What am I missing
    here?
    > --
    > Arch

    "Arch" <Arch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am running XP Home on a machine that is hard-wired [ethernet cable] to a
    Linksys G. The remote machine is running XP Pro. The Pro can see all the
    shared files on the Home, but not vice-versa. The Home machine does not
    show any "workgroup computers." The Pro machine does show the workgroup
    machines. Both machines, however, see and use the printer that is attached
    to the other. I have turned the Guest Accounts on. What am I missing
    here?
    > --
    > Arch

    Hi
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > You need to setup user accounts on the XP Pro machine, for each login
    name,
    > that uses the XP Home machine.
    >
    > Bill Crocker
    >

    > "Arch" <Arch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am running XP Home on a machine that is hard-wired [ethernet cable] to
    > Linksys G. The remote machine is running XP Pro. The Pro can see all the
    > shared files on the Home, but not vice-versa. The Home machine does not
    > show any "workgroup computers." The Pro machine does show the workgroup
    > machines. Both machines, however, see and use the printer that is
    attached
    > to the other. I have turned the Guest Accounts on. What am I missing
    > here?
    > > --
    > > Arch

Linksys Windows XP Wireless Networking