XP Pro and Home - Linksys one-way

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 2, 2004 10:59:03 PM

I am running XP Home on a machine that is hard-wired [ethernet cable] to a Linksys G. The remote machine is running XP Pro. The Pro can see all the shared files on the Home, but not vice-versa. The Home machine does not show any "workgroup computers." The Pro machine does show the workgroup machines. Both machines, however, see and use the printer that is attached to the other. I have turned the Guest Accounts on. What am I missing here?
--
Arch

More about : pro home linksys

August 3, 2004 12:03:03 PM

hi,

Please disable/unisntall any internet security software or firewall installed in XP Home system.

"Arch" wrote:

> I am running XP Home on a machine that is hard-wired [ethernet cable] to a Linksys G. The remote machine is running XP Pro. The Pro can see all the shared files on the Home, but not vice-versa. The Home machine does not show any "workgroup computers." The Pro machine does show the workgroup machines. Both machines, however, see and use the printer that is attached to the other. I have turned the Guest Accounts on. What am I missing here?
> --
> Arch
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 11:23:29 AM

You need to setup user accounts on the XP Pro machine, for each login name,
that uses the XP Home machine.

Bill Crocker

"Arch" <Arch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running XP Home on a machine that is hard-wired [ethernet cable] to a
Linksys G. The remote machine is running XP Pro. The Pro can see all the
shared files on the Home, but not vice-versa. The Home machine does not
show any "workgroup computers." The Pro machine does show the workgroup
machines. Both machines, however, see and use the printer that is attached
to the other. I have turned the Guest Accounts on. What am I missing
here?
> --
> Arch
Related resources
August 7, 2004 3:15:11 PM

"Arch" <Arch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running XP Home on a machine that is hard-wired [ethernet cable] to a
Linksys G. The remote machine is running XP Pro. The Pro can see all the
shared files on the Home, but not vice-versa. The Home machine does not
show any "workgroup computers." The Pro machine does show the workgroup
machines. Both machines, however, see and use the printer that is attached
to the other. I have turned the Guest Accounts on. What am I missing
here?
> --
> Arch
August 7, 2004 3:15:57 PM