MN-500 Wireless Base Station and MN-510 Wireless Adapter

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
August 3, 2004 10:21:03 AM

I am not using any encryption on a wireless network I set up for a client. However, the laptop with one of the MN-510 Adapters switches from no encryption to 64-bit encryption on a restart and It has to be reset for no encryption. Why is this? What can I do to correct this problem?

thanks
Bryan
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 4, 2004 11:28:00 AM

I'm not sure why anyone would setup a network without encryption since
the risks are so huge. Without information on what operating system,
it's impossible to answer your question. You should very seriously
consider reconfiguriing their network for 128 bit encryption. If not,
you shold certainly advise them of the risks of not securing a
wireless network.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist