RealPlayer upgrade has sent PC into sleep mode

a b C Monitor
May 3, 2004 12:53:07 PM

I upgraded to the latest Realplayer drivers and
rebooted. Unfortunately the screen stayed blank and the
monitor light stayed on amber. The computer is up and
running (files are visible on the LAN) but nothing seems
to work to make the monitor visible - as though it was
permanently in sleep mode. The monitor is working
(checked it on another PC)and the card is well seated.
Any ideas or suggestions very welcome. Is it possible to
boot up from DOS on a Windows XP machine these days and
if so where do I get the DOS files?

Thanks
Alice
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2004 4:10:27 PM

Restart the PC... press F8 during the Startup sequence and select Last Known
Good Configuration.

If still no change, do the same but select Safe Mode... then use System
Restore to return to the time before you installed RealPlayer.

--
Cari
www.coribright.com

!