RealPlayer upgrade has sent PC into sleep mode

I upgraded to the latest Realplayer drivers and
rebooted. Unfortunately the screen stayed blank and the
monitor light stayed on amber. The computer is up and
running (files are visible on the LAN) but nothing seems
to work to make the monitor visible - as though it was
permanently in sleep mode. The monitor is working
(checked it on another PC)and the card is well seated.
Any ideas or suggestions very welcome. Is it possible to
boot up from DOS on a Windows XP machine these days and
if so where do I get the DOS files?

Thanks
Alice
1 answer Last reply
More about realplayer upgrade sleep mode

    Restart the PC... press F8 during the Startup sequence and select Last Known
    Good Configuration.

    If still no change, do the same but select Safe Mode... then use System
    Restore to return to the time before you installed RealPlayer.

    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "AliceM" <alice@metherell.org.uk> wrote in message
    >I upgraded to the latest Realplayer drivers and
    > rebooted. Unfortunately the screen stayed blank and the
    > monitor light stayed on amber. The computer is up and
    > running (files are visible on the LAN) but nothing seems
    > to work to make the monitor visible - as though it was
    > permanently in sleep mode. The monitor is working
    > (checked it on another PC)and the card is well seated.
    > Any ideas or suggestions very welcome. Is it possible to
    > boot up from DOS on a Windows XP machine these days and
    > if so where do I get the DOS files?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Alice

Video Sleep Mode Realplayer Monitors Windows XP