Desperate - USB Drive/mp3 player Problem

Hi all:

my friend gave me a 256 mb USB drive/mp3 player... i do not know what
brand it is but when plugged into windows xp it installs the drive
"sigmatel mp300" driver...

the strange thing is when delete everything on the flash drive there
are still 56 mb occupied by absolutely nothing... i enable the viewing
of hidden file and system file and found nothing on the drive.... i
tried to format but the format on windows doens't work...

can somebody please help me >.<

Andy

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

There is always some of the memory you can't use, this is for the players
software and settings to reside in. However, on my Dabs value 256mb player I
can use about 244mb - so the 56mb hidden from you does seem excessive.
Usually to re-format the disk you have to use the utility provided on CD-ROM
with the player - did you get any software with it?

"Andy Chien" <andy_chien@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all:
>
> my friend gave me a 256 mb USB drive/mp3 player... i do not know what
> brand it is but when plugged into windows xp it installs the drive
> "sigmatel mp300" driver...
>
> the strange thing is when delete everything on the flash drive there
> are still 56 mb occupied by absolutely nothing... i enable the viewing
> of hidden file and system file and found nothing on the drive.... i
> tried to format but the format on windows doens't work...
>
> can somebody please help me >.<
>
> Andy

"Andy Chien" <andy_chien@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all:
>
> my friend gave me a 256 mb USB drive/mp3 player... i do not know what
> brand it is but when plugged into windows xp it installs the drive
> "sigmatel mp300" driver...
>
> the strange thing is when delete everything on the flash drive there
> are still 56 mb occupied by absolutely nothing... i enable the viewing
> of hidden file and system file and found nothing on the drive.... i
> tried to format but the format on windows doens't work...
>
> can somebody please help me >.<
>
> Andy

Try http://www.sigmatel.com/documents/App-Brief1-Flash-MP3-7-0.pdf
It supports DRM so that missing 56Mb may be due to that.
Mike.

TRENDING THREADS