Norton Ghost Help Please!!!

I work for my school as a Technology Assistant and we are cloning some
old Pentium 75's with 2.1 GB hard drives in them. We are using Norton
Ghost 2003. We use Windows 98 for the computers and have Vexira
Antivirus installed. We also use Deep Freeze to prevent crashes, goof
ups, etc. Our teacher created a separate partition that was not
effected by Deep Freeze. We can store Vexira's current updates and log
files on this partition. This partition was labeled Y:. We created a
"perfect" drive with everything set up on it and mounted it in one of
the computers. We don't know much about Ghost so we tried to make a
network floppy disk using the closest driver we could find. The floppy
failed to find our network card but did let us do a hard drive-hard
drive clone from the floppy. So we set the "perfect" drive for master
with a non-ata slave (HD1), and installed another drive as a slave
(HD2). Both HD1 and HD2 are the same. We booted from the floppy and
when it said "Network card not found, press any key to continue..." we
did and moved to the cloning screen. We cloned HD1 to HD2. This
process was successful. We made at least 7 drives that we tested in
their individual machines and marked as complete. However, the 8th
drive cloned successfuly, but did not boot correctly. It started
Windows 98 and then said that the file VXGuard.vxd was corrupt or
missing and to run Windows 98 setup again. So we switched the
"perfect" drive with one of the seven original clones because we
thought maybe the "perfect" drive was worn out. This did not work. The
next clone gave the same error. We've tried everything from switching
the floppy to switching machines but nothing works. All we know is
that VXGuard.vxd is related to Vexira. If you have any Sugestions for
fixing the problem or redoing our clone process we would greatly
appreciate it!

Thanx,
Frankster444

hi,
have you tried any of the utilities available from the hdd makers to
copy your existing drive to a new one . i just used maxblast for
windows to move from 6gb bigfoot to a wd 120gb . copied my os and all
applications flawlessly . western digital and seagate have similar
tools .
hope this helps,
terry

I will try a Segate Utility as soon as I can. Thanks for the info and
i'll keep you posted.

-frankster444