Current Indeo Codec for XP Service pk 1

I just installed XP Service PAck 1a and when i try to play my games or some mpegs it comes up Indeo Video Playback error, need to install a current Indeo Codec.
I went to web site but will cost $15 to get it, Im sure windows has this somewhere, so could anyone tell me where I can get it from

Thanks

Gav
3 answers Last reply
More about current indeo codec service

    "Gav" <gavarni@hotkey.net.au> wrote in message
    > I just installed XP Service PAck 1a and when i try to play my games or
    some mpegs it comes up Indeo Video Playback error, need to install a current
    Indeo Codec.
    > I went to web site but will cost $15 to get it, Im sure windows has this
    somewhere, so could anyone tell me where I can get it from

    > Thanks
    >
    > Gav
    \
    They are no longer included with XP, pony up...:)

    hi had same problem but with avi from eracer car game.
    tried play them in mediaplayer. Then searched google for
    indeo codec found
    http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml
    downloaded the 4 small files and installed and voila i
    could run the intro.avi in the eRacer game. On my own pc
    this problem never came up strangely enough.

    I'm having the same problem with Risk II. I've been
    pointed in the direction of Windows Update 327979, but I
    can't find where to download it from.

    Any further pointers would be gratefully accepted.

Video Codec Windows XP