Current Indeo Codec for XP Service pk 1

May 6, 2004 6:41:03 AM

I just installed XP Service PAck 1a and when i try to play my games or some mpegs it comes up Indeo Video Playback error, need to install a current Indeo Codec.
I went to web site but will cost $15 to get it, Im sure windows has this somewhere, so could anyone tell me where I can get it from

Thanks

Gav
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 10:48:03 AM

"Gav" <gavarni@hotkey.net.au> wrote in message
> I just installed XP Service PAck 1a and when i try to play my games or
some mpegs it comes up Indeo Video Playback error, need to install a current
Indeo Codec.
> I went to web site but will cost $15 to get it, Im sure windows has this
somewhere, so could anyone tell me where I can get it from

> Thanks
>
> Gav
\
They are no longer included with XP, pony up...:)
May 7, 2004 9:07:08 PM

hi had same problem but with avi from eracer car game.
tried play them in mediaplayer. Then searched google for
indeo codec found
http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml
downloaded the 4 small files and installed and voila i
could run the intro.avi in the eRacer game. On my own pc
this problem never came up strangely enough.

June 9, 2004 6:03:59 PM

I'm having the same problem with Risk II. I've been
pointed in the direction of Windows Update 327979, but I
can't find where to download it from.

Any further pointers would be gratefully accepted.

!