Repairing NTFS partition

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
July 13, 2004 6:03:36 AM

Recently when I booted up my computer my second hard drive came up as
unformatted. Apparently the partition has been damaged. Is there any
software I can use to revoer data from the drive. I am running windows XP
with an athlon 2400+. My first drive is a 40 gb maxtor 7200rpm drive. The
second(bad) is a 80 gb western digital drive. Thanks for any help
Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 13, 2004 3:15:18 PM

"Joseph Murphy" <mufj@verizon.net> wrote:

> Recently when I booted up my computer my second hard drive came up as
> unformatted. Apparently the partition has been damaged. Is there any
> software I can use to revoer data from the drive. I am running windows XP
> with an athlon 2400+. My first drive is a 40 gb maxtor 7200rpm drive. The
> second(bad) is a 80 gb western digital drive. Thanks for any help

The reason could be a damaged / corrupted MBR, or boot sector. If this is all
that happened then the repair is straightforward.

Software that can fix the problem is RESQDISK, from www.resq.co.il/resq.php

Regards, Zvi
--
NetZ Computing Ltd. ISRAEL www.invircible.com www.ivi.co.il (Hebrew)
InVircible Virus Defense Solutions, ResQ and Data Recovery Utilities