Repairing NTFS partition

Recently when I booted up my computer my second hard drive came up as
unformatted. Apparently the partition has been damaged. Is there any
software I can use to revoer data from the drive. I am running windows XP
with an athlon 2400+. My first drive is a 40 gb maxtor 7200rpm drive. The
second(bad) is a 80 gb western digital drive. Thanks for any help
1 answer Last reply
More about repairing ntfs partition

    "Joseph Murphy" <mufj@verizon.net> wrote:

    > Recently when I booted up my computer my second hard drive came up as
    > unformatted. Apparently the partition has been damaged. Is there any
    > software I can use to revoer data from the drive. I am running windows XP
    > with an athlon 2400+. My first drive is a 40 gb maxtor 7200rpm drive. The
    > second(bad) is a 80 gb western digital drive. Thanks for any help

    The reason could be a damaged / corrupted MBR, or boot sector. If this is all
    that happened then the repair is straightforward.

    Software that can fix the problem is RESQDISK, from www.resq.co.il/resq.php

    Regards, Zvi
    --
    NetZ Computing Ltd. ISRAEL www.invircible.com www.ivi.co.il (Hebrew)
    InVircible Virus Defense Solutions, ResQ and Data Recovery Utilities

Partition Storage