MBR Error Message

Has anyone seen this message come up before?
MBR Error 3

I have my P4P800-VM with a Quantum 40GB 7200rpm drive. Works
flawlessly now I'm upgrading to SATA WD 80GB with 8MB cache, and after
the system POSTs and the ASUS logo appears, it quickly flashes
MBR Error 3 - then continues to boot into Windows. Seems to work
fine, but not sure why I am getting that message.

I Ghosted the drive image over and have done it plenty of times before
with no issues.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about error message

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:06:44 -0700, <skydigger123> wrote:

    > Has anyone seen this message come up before?
    > MBR Error 3
    >

    > I have my P4P800-VM with a Quantum 40GB 7200rpm drive. Works
    > flawlessly now I'm upgrading to SATA WD 80GB with 8MB cache, and after
    > the system POSTs and the ASUS logo appears, it quickly flashes
    > MBR Error 3 - then continues to boot into Windows. Seems to work
    > fine, but not sure why I am getting that message.
    >
    > I Ghosted the drive image over and have done it plenty of times before
    > with no issues.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks!

    Something may have corrupted (slightly) the master boot record. Fixmbr may help.

    --
    FOURTEEN - CHECK OUT THE BABY! parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com

    23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks.

    Thanks, I had a tech run FIXMBR for me and that mesage had
    disappeared. One thing I noticed however is that I was about to do a
    scandisk, then deciced against it and loaded up msie and got a
    "Windows Console Error" or something like that. WFT is Windows
    Console and do you know why it said that? :-)

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:14:23 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:06:44 -0700, <skydigger123> wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone seen this message come up before?
    >> MBR Error 3
    >>

    >> I have my P4P800-VM with a Quantum 40GB 7200rpm drive. Works
    >> flawlessly now I'm upgrading to SATA WD 80GB with 8MB cache, and after
    >> the system POSTs and the ASUS logo appears, it quickly flashes
    >> MBR Error 3 - then continues to boot into Windows. Seems to work
    >> fine, but not sure why I am getting that message.
    >>
    >> I Ghosted the drive image over and have done it plenty of times before
    >> with no issues.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >> Thanks!
    >
    >Something may have corrupted (slightly) the master boot record. Fixmbr may help.

    Hmmm, never heard of that error! But then I do tend to avoid IE!

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:49:08 -0700, <skydigger123> wrote:

    > Thanks, I had a tech run FIXMBR for me and that mesage had
    > disappeared. One thing I noticed however is that I was about to do a
    > scandisk, then deciced against it and loaded up msie and got a
    > "Windows Console Error" or something like that. WFT is Windows
    > Console and do you know why it said that? :-)
    >
    > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:14:23 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
    > <hucker@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:06:44 -0700, <skydigger123> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone seen this message come up before?
    >>> MBR Error 3
    >>>

    >>> I have my P4P800-VM with a Quantum 40GB 7200rpm drive. Works
    >>> flawlessly now I'm upgrading to SATA WD 80GB with 8MB cache, and after
    >>> the system POSTs and the ASUS logo appears, it quickly flashes
    >>> MBR Error 3 - then continues to boot into Windows. Seems to work
    >>> fine, but not sure why I am getting that message.
    >>>
    >>> I Ghosted the drive image over and have done it plenty of times before
    >>> with no issues.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Something may have corrupted (slightly) the master boot record. Fixmbr may help.

    --
    FOURTEEN - CHECK OUT THE BABY! parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
    93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
    Served from a pentawatercooled dual 2.8GHz silent Athlon with half TB RAID.

    How do you titillate an ocelot?
    Oscillate it's titalot.

Error Message Storage