why won't a wmv created in USA play in South Africa? Any
help?

I have no idea.... it certainly should do.

A corrupted download perhaps. Is there an error message to assist us?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com
"aieagirl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> why won't a wmv created in USA play in South Africa? Any
> help?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Might not be a problem with location if you created the
wmv with movie maker 2.
After upgrading I found that videos created with MMV2
would not play back in media player 8 - all I could get
was sound no picture. The problem was fixed by upgrading
media player to version 9.
Would be worth checking to see what versions they are
trying to view the file with.
If you are sending the file on a cd rather than email I
would save the file as an MPG file.