wind

Anyone have any advice on removing wind from a recording, I have
camcorder footage that is irreplaceable and there is a lot of wind noise.
I was able to remove some of it with only using the left channel and
reducing the bass, but ther is more, the vocals can be heard but the
wind is a tad overpowering, is there a filter anywhere that helps reduce
a wind sound.

Thanks

If you have a good sound editing app like adobe audition/sound forge you can
try using gates/equaliser but wind noise is one of the hardest to remove.
Graham