Media Player freezes with DVDs

Hi, I'm having an issue with Windows Media Player and
DVDs. When I insert the DVD, the Windows Autoplay menu
pops up and I select Play in Media Player, at which time,
I'm told Media Player has experienced an error and I'm
asked if I would like to send an error report or not
before terminating the program.

I have tried reinstalling my DVD decoders, but it hasn't
helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about media player freezes dvds

    Have you tried reinstalling:

    a) DirectX - www.microsoft.com/directX
    and
    b) Windows Media Player - www.microsoft.com/windowsmedia
    www.coribright.com

    "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm having an issue with Windows Media Player and
    > DVDs. When I insert the DVD, the Windows Autoplay menu
    > pops up and I select Play in Media Player, at which time,
    > I'm told Media Player has experienced an error and I'm
    > asked if I would like to send an error report or not
    > before terminating the program.
    >
    > I have tried reinstalling my DVD decoders, but it hasn't
    > helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

    Thanks for the idea; I've tried both, but I'm still
    expereiencing a problem.

    I would appreciate any further support.

    Hardware)
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> Hi, I'm having an issue with Windows Media Player and
    >> DVDs. When I insert the DVD, the Windows Autoplay menu
    >> pops up and I select Play in Media Player, at which
    time,
    >> I'm told Media Player has experienced an error and I'm
    >> asked if I would like to send an error report or not
    >> before terminating the program.
    >>
    >> I have tried reinstalling my DVD decoders, but it
    hasn't
    >> helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
    >

    >.

    I was having the same problem. I downloaded InterVideo WinDVD 6 (that was the default on my computer). It was only a 14-day trial, I uninstalled it, hoping that it would still work, and it did. The download can be found at http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Product_Download.jsp?p=WinDVD6 .

Video DVD Microsoft Media Player Windows XP