Media Player freezes with DVDs

May 10, 2004 7:43:15 PM

Hi, I'm having an issue with Windows Media Player and
DVDs. When I insert the DVD, the Windows Autoplay menu
pops up and I select Play in Media Player, at which time,
I'm told Media Player has experienced an error and I'm
asked if I would like to send an error report or not
before terminating the program.

I have tried reinstalling my DVD decoders, but it hasn't
helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 12:08:35 AM

Have you tried reinstalling:

a) DirectX - www.microsoft.com/directX
and
b) Windows Media Player - www.microsoft.com/windowsmedia
www.coribright.com

"Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm having an issue with Windows Media Player and
> DVDs. When I insert the DVD, the Windows Autoplay menu
> pops up and I select Play in Media Player, at which time,
> I'm told Media Player has experienced an error and I'm
> asked if I would like to send an error report or not
> before terminating the program.
>
> I have tried reinstalling my DVD decoders, but it hasn't
> helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
May 12, 2004 10:52:32 AM

Thanks for the idea; I've tried both, but I'm still
expereiencing a problem.

I would appreciate any further support.

Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Hi, I'm having an issue with Windows Media Player and
>> DVDs. When I insert the DVD, the Windows Autoplay menu
>> pops up and I select Play in Media Player, at which
time,
>> I'm told Media Player has experienced an error and I'm
>> asked if I would like to send an error report or not
>> before terminating the program.
>>
>> I have tried reinstalling my DVD decoders, but it
hasn't
>> helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
>

>.

June 18, 2004 8:21:02 PM

I was having the same problem. I downloaded InterVideo WinDVD 6 (that was the default on my computer). It was only a 14-day trial, I uninstalled it, hoping that it would still work, and it did. The download can be found at http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Product_Download.jsp?p=Wi... .
!