Dual Monitors -- Can't Turn Off HELP!!

Hi,

I have a Dell Lattitude C840 laptop with an Nvidia video card installed by
Dell.

Whenever I plug into a LCD projector and activate my external monitor the
dual monitor feature comes on and I cannot disable it.

Some times I want to run dual monitor with the laptop (such as for
lectures), however, sometimes I want what appears on the laptop screen to be
the same as on the projected image.

I have tried going into the Display Properties and Settings to disable the
second monitor and when I do all that happens is that I go back to only
seeing my laptop's monitor and nothing on the projector. When I activate
the external monitor the dual monitor feature kicks on again.

It never used to do this and I am not sure what changed on my system.

HELP! This is making it very difficult to do my job!

Alan
3 answers Last reply
More about dual monitors turn help

    You would be better off asking Dell.

    "Alan" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Dell Lattitude C840 laptop with an Nvidia video card installed by
    > Dell.
    >
    > Whenever I plug into a LCD projector and activate my external monitor the
    > dual monitor feature comes on and I cannot disable it.
    >
    > Some times I want to run dual monitor with the laptop (such as for
    > lectures), however, sometimes I want what appears on the laptop screen to
    be
    > the same as on the projected image.
    >
    > I have tried going into the Display Properties and Settings to disable the
    > second monitor and when I do all that happens is that I go back to only
    > seeing my laptop's monitor and nothing on the projector. When I activate
    > the external monitor the dual monitor feature kicks on again.
    >
    > It never used to do this and I am not sure what changed on my system.
    >
    > HELP! This is making it very difficult to do my job!
    >
    > Alan

    I would like to avoid calling Dell. Running Windows XP Professional and
    the problem didn't always happen. Just recently it started. I am hoping
    to get some hints as to what might be messed up.

    > You would be better off asking Dell.
    >
    > "Alan" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a Dell Lattitude C840 laptop with an Nvidia video card installed
    by
    > > Dell.
    > >
    > > Whenever I plug into a LCD projector and activate my external monitor
    the
    > > dual monitor feature comes on and I cannot disable it.
    > >
    > > Some times I want to run dual monitor with the laptop (such as for
    > > lectures), however, sometimes I want what appears on the laptop screen
    > be
    > > the same as on the projected image.
    > >
    > > I have tried going into the Display Properties and Settings to disable
    the
    > > second monitor and when I do all that happens is that I go back to only
    > > seeing my laptop's monitor and nothing on the projector. When I
    activate
    > > the external monitor the dual monitor feature kicks on again.
    > >
    > > It never used to do this and I am not sure what changed on my system.
    > >
    > > HELP! This is making it very difficult to do my job!
    > >
    > > Alan

  3. Having the same issue w/ HP!!! After an hr online with HP still no help! it must be a vista issue!

Video Laptops Dual Monitors External Monitor Windows XP