what hard drive to buy?

I've been looking at the Maxtor 6E040L0 40GB 2 MB cache and 6Y080P0
80GB 8 MB cache. I don't really need 80GB. 40GB is actually more than
enough. Based on a large HD vs. a small HD, are there advantages like
speed, how quiet it is, etc... and should I be looking at other brand
names?
3 answers Last reply
More about what hard drive

    jfclay@yahoo.com wrote:

    > I've been looking at the Maxtor 6E040L0 40GB 2 MB cache and 6Y080P0
    > 80GB 8 MB cache. I don't really need 80GB. 40GB is actually more than
    > enough. Based on a large HD vs. a small HD, are there advantages like
    > speed, how quiet it is, etc...

    Hello,

    Any differences should be negligible, in everyday practice.

    >and should I be looking at other brand
    > names?

    I favor Samsung, from both online research and personal experience.
    Affordable, quiet, cool and reliable.

    Good luck!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <jtur@concentric.net>

    On 26 Jul 2004 03:08:31 EDT, John Turco <jtur@concentric.net> wrote:

    [snip]

    >I favor Samsung, from both online research and personal experience.
    >Affordable, quiet, cool and reliable.

    ....and a three-year warranty :-)

    Steve wrote:

    > On 26 Jul 2004 03:08:31 EDT, John Turco <jtur@concentric.net> wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >

    > >I favor Samsung, from both online research and personal experience.
    > >Affordable, quiet, cool and reliable.
    >
    > ...and a three-year warranty :-)

    Hello, Steve:

    Only on retail models (not OEM ones), however. I should've mentioned it,
    before, anyway...just forgot. <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <jtur@concentric.net>

Cache Hard Drives HD Storage