video codec trouble

Hey folks,

I have PowerDVD5 installed on my XP Pro machine and have an spdif cable
connected to my receiver. My audio is an onboard SoundMax AD1888 controller.
I can get spdif pass-through just fine so long as I select 2 speakers in
Control Panel. As soon as I select 5.1 speakers (trying to get things to
work with WMP9), video in PowerDVD plays at ~2X normal speed and there is no
audio. There is obviously a codec conflict somewhere, but how do I go about
troubleshooting? I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the audio
drivers and PowerDVD, but this doesn't help the issue.

Thanks,

Dave

--
______________________________
Remove "yourclothes" to reply directly.

poindexter

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2004

findings I think I found that pdvd5 did not have spdif or
surround compatability.this might be a cause. Don't quote
me but through persaverance and multiple chat and post
groups I worked my problem out. keep trying

> > I have PowerDVD5 installed on my XP Pro machine and
> have an spdif cable
> >connected to my receiver. My audio is an onboard
> SoundMax AD1888 controller.
> >I can get spdif pass-through just fine so long as I
> select 2 speakers in
> >Control Panel. As soon as I select 5.1 speakers (trying
> to get things to
> >work with WMP9), video in PowerDVD plays at ~2X normal
> speed and there is no
> >audio. There is obviously a codec conflict somewhere,
> but how do I go about
> >troubleshooting? I have tried uninstalling and re-
> installing the audio
> >drivers and PowerDVD, but this doesn't help the issue.

> >.I had codec trouble at one stage and through all of my
> findings I think I found that pdvd5 did not have spdif or
> surround compatability.this might be a cause. Don't quote
> me but through persaverance and multiple chat and post
> groups I worked my problem out. keep trying

Thanks, but PowerDVD 5 does have spdif and surround capability.