I would like to know how to install my webcam. THe drivers for it say that they are not digally signed by microsoft and may damage the system. ( or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response, so does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP

Hi

If you are using the drivers that came on a CD with your Webcam - try the
manufacturer's web site for updated drivers for XP.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"jgrotts" <jgrotts@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
| I would like to know how to install my webcam. THe drivers for it say
that they are not digally signed by microsoft and may damage the system. (
or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the
response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response, so
does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP

You may not find one that is digiatlly signed. Do a system restore point and
then load the newest driver you can find, when you get to the message you
have, click on continue anyway.
Graham

> Hi
>
> If you are using the drivers that came on a CD with your Webcam - try the
> manufacturer's web site for updated drivers for XP.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
>

> "jgrotts" <jgrotts@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
> | I would like to know how to install my webcam. THe drivers for it say
> that they are not digally signed by microsoft and may damage the system. (
> or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the
> response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response, so
> does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP

Graham

Installing via 'continue anyway' may be detrimental to the system.

Jgrotts

What make and model of Webcam have you got? The appropriate XP drivers for
it may be available.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

(
| > or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the
| > response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response,
so
| > does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP

I totally agree with Will, it may be detrimental to the system. When you
supply the extra info, we should be able to be more exact.
Graham