webcam

I would like to know how to install my webcam. THe drivers for it say that they are not digally signed by microsoft and may damage the system. ( or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response, so does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP
5 answers Last reply
More about webcam

    Hi

    If you are using the drivers that came on a CD with your Webcam - try the
    manufacturer's web site for updated drivers for XP.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "jgrotts" <jgrotts@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
    | I would like to know how to install my webcam. THe drivers for it say
    that they are not digally signed by microsoft and may damage the system. (
    or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the
    response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response, so
    does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP

    You may not find one that is digiatlly signed. Do a system restore point and
    then load the newest driver you can find, when you get to the message you
    have, click on continue anyway.
    Graham

    > Hi
    >
    > If you are using the drivers that came on a CD with your Webcam - try the
    > manufacturer's web site for updated drivers for XP.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    >

    > "jgrotts" <jgrotts@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
    > | I would like to know how to install my webcam. THe drivers for it say
    > that they are not digally signed by microsoft and may damage the system. (
    > or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the
    > response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response, so
    > does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP

    Graham

    Installing via 'continue anyway' may be detrimental to the system.

    Jgrotts

    What make and model of Webcam have you got? The appropriate XP drivers for
    it may be available.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    (
    | > or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the
    | > response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response,
    so
    | > does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP

    I totally agree with Will, it may be detrimental to the system. When you
    supply the extra info, we should be able to be more exact.
    Graham

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > If you are using the drivers that came on a CD with your Webcam - try the
    > manufacturer's web site for updated drivers for XP.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    >

    > "jgrotts" <jgrotts@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
    > | I would like to know how to install my webcam. THe drivers for it say
    > that they are not digally signed by microsoft and may damage the system. (
    > or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the
    > response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response, so
    > does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP

Video Webcams Microsoft Windows XP