webcam

May 13, 2004 7:36:02 AM

I would like to know how to install my webcam. THe drivers for it say that they are not digally signed by microsoft and may damage the system. ( or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response, so does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP

More about : webcam

Anonymous
May 13, 2004 3:45:58 PM

Hi

If you are using the drivers that came on a CD with your Webcam - try the
manufacturer's web site for updated drivers for XP.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"jgrotts" <jgrotts@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
| I would like to know how to install my webcam. THe drivers for it say
that they are not digally signed by microsoft and may damage the system. (
or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the
response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response, so
does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 5:29:47 PM

You may not find one that is digiatlly signed. Do a system restore point and
then load the newest driver you can find, when you get to the message you
have, click on continue anyway.
Graham

> Hi
>
> If you are using the drivers that came on a CD with your Webcam - try the
> manufacturer's web site for updated drivers for XP.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
>

> "jgrotts" <jgrotts@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
> | I would like to know how to install my webcam. THe drivers for it say
> that they are not digally signed by microsoft and may damage the system. (
> or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the
> response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response, so
> does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP

May 13, 2004 5:47:03 PM

Graham

Installing via 'continue anyway' may be detrimental to the system.

Jgrotts

What make and model of Webcam have you got? The appropriate XP drivers for
it may be available.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

(
| > or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the
| > response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same response,
so
| > does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP

Anonymous
May 13, 2004 11:01:45 PM

I totally agree with Will, it may be detrimental to the system. When you
supply the extra info, we should be able to be more exact.
Graham

> Graham
>
> Installing via 'continue anyway' may be detrimental to the system.
>
> Jgrotts
>
> What make and model of Webcam have you got? The appropriate XP drivers
for
> it may be available.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
>

> "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in
message
> | You may not find one that is digiatlly signed. Do a system restore point
> and
> | then load the newest driver you can find, when you get to the message
you
> | have, click on continue anyway.
> | Graham
> |
> | "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
> | > Hi
> | >
> | > If you are using the drivers that came on a CD with your Webcam - try
> the
> | > manufacturer's web site for updated drivers for XP.
> | >
> | > --
> | >
> | > Will Denny
> | > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
> | >

> | > "jgrotts" <jgrotts@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
> | > that they are not digally signed by microsoft and may damage the
system.
> (
> | > or something to that effect). I tried the old driver and that is the
> | > response I got and I downloaded a up to date one and the same
response,
> so
> | > does this mean that I cant use this webcam with win xp? pLEASE HELP

Anonymous
July 12, 2004 12:48:02 AM

!