DV devices

May 14, 2004 2:30:48 PM

I got it to work once and I got some video to prove it
but now my camera is not recognized by XP. It is a Sony
DCR-IP5. Neither Movie Maker 2 or
Premiere 6.5 will capture they just say "video capture
device not detected". If I boot with cam attached and on
it becomes visable in the device manager but still
doesn't work. PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM AS SOON AS
POSSIBLE

More about : devices

May 14, 2004 7:58:53 PM

I have the same problem worked once now nothing the cam
works with MM2 and Premiere on my desktop but not my
notebook I hope this issue gets addressed soon. Canon
zr10 via firewire controller chipset.

Anonymous
May 14, 2004 10:47:40 PM

Have you added any apps or downloaded any codecs such as divx since you
could last use the system properly? If it wasn't too long ago can you try
system restore?
Graham

"DANIEL" <dagama2000d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 3e701c439d9$31fbab80$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> I got it to work once and I got some video to prove it
> but now my camera is not recognized by XP. It is a Sony
> DCR-IP5. Neither Movie Maker 2 or
> Premiere 6.5 will capture they just say "video capture
> device not detected". If I boot with cam attached and on
> it becomes visable in the device manager but still
> doesn't work. PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM AS SOON AS
> POSSIBLE

Anonymous
May 15, 2004 3:22:31 PM

Jeff,
I have trouble connecting to my notebook sometimes, and found that a good
quality cable helps, some of the cheaper 4-pin ones, for some reason, did
not connect properly. I bought some Belkin ones and have had no trouble
since. Just in case it helps!!
Graham
news:D 5ab01c43a07$07047050$a001280a@phx.gbl...

!