DV devices

I got it to work once and I got some video to prove it
but now my camera is not recognized by XP. It is a Sony
DCR-IP5. Neither Movie Maker 2 or
Premiere 6.5 will capture they just say "video capture
device not detected". If I boot with cam attached and on
it becomes visable in the device manager but still
doesn't work. PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM AS SOON AS
POSSIBLE
3 answers Last reply
More about devices

    I have the same problem worked once now nothing the cam
    works with MM2 and Premiere on my desktop but not my
    notebook I hope this issue gets addressed soon. Canon
    zr10 via firewire controller chipset.

    Have you added any apps or downloaded any codecs such as divx since you
    could last use the system properly? If it wasn't too long ago can you try
    system restore?
    Graham

    "DANIEL" <dagama2000d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I got it to work once and I got some video to prove it
    > but now my camera is not recognized by XP. It is a Sony
    > DCR-IP5. Neither Movie Maker 2 or
    > Premiere 6.5 will capture they just say "video capture
    > device not detected". If I boot with cam attached and on
    > it becomes visable in the device manager but still
    > doesn't work. PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM AS SOON AS
    > POSSIBLE

    Jeff,
    I have trouble connecting to my notebook sometimes, and found that a good
    quality cable helps, some of the cheaper 4-pin ones, for some reason, did
    not connect properly. I bought some Belkin ones and have had no trouble
    since. Just in case it helps!!
    Graham
    "jeff" <jeff@jnorombaba.com> wrote in message
    > I have the same problem worked once now nothing the cam
    > works with MM2 and Premiere on my desktop but not my
    > notebook I hope this issue gets addressed soon. Canon
    > zr10 via firewire controller chipset.

Video Devices Windows XP