Abit BE7 w/Highpoint 372 Raid - Maximum drive size?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

I was thinking of getting a 250gb drive since I'm running out of room
on my 2x80gb raid and I'm not up to date on what chipsets allow which
size drives..

So will the raid controller recognize these bigger drives? What if I
striped two 250gb - could I have a 500gb drive? I'm still using Win2k
by the way.

Any info appreciated - or you could point me in a direction to look on
the web... Thanks.

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

with 2.3x Highpoint bios and drivers in use, drives larger than 137 gig (48
bit LBA mode) is supported.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"Crank" <A@B.com> wrote in message
> I was thinking of getting a 250gb drive since I'm running out of room
> on my 2x80gb raid and I'm not up to date on what chipsets allow which
> size drives..
>
> So will the raid controller recognize these bigger drives? What if I
> striped two 250gb - could I have a 500gb drive? I'm still using Win2k
> by the way.
>
> Any info appreciated - or you could point me in a direction to look on
> the web... Thanks.

homie

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

4 - 250's on the hpt370/372 works fine for my sons little server....

Homie

--
Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

http://motherboardrepair.com
gary@motherboardrepair.com

"Crank" <A@B.com> wrote in message news:83nng05vv1no69u7gf9lheo9ga5o1719al@4ax.com...
I was thinking of getting a 250gb drive since I'm running out of room
on my 2x80gb raid and I'm not up to date on what chipsets allow which
size drives..

So will the raid controller recognize these bigger drives? What if I
striped two 250gb - could I have a 500gb drive? I'm still using Win2k
by the way.

Any info appreciated - or you could point me in a direction to look on
the web... Thanks.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

4 x 250gb for small server.... can't imaging his big servers...