Can't play any videos on any player

May 15, 2004 4:13:35 AM

Hi,

no matter which video file I play, every player I use crashes. I tried
WMP, Winamp, DivX Player. Since the players themself don't give any
error messages but instead the normal windows error dialog pops up, I
guess this is an unhandled exception. In some KB article they said you
should replace certain files (msvideo.dll,...), but that didn't help.
The strange thing is that my PC adopted this behaviour from one day to
the other.
I'm thankful for any help,
Regards.

More about : play videos player

Anonymous
May 16, 2004 3:30:57 PM

Some additional notes: It seems the whole MM Subsystem is somewhat
damaged since I can't play audio files either.
!