Problems playing DVDs

When I try to watch a DVD movie, imagen keeps freezing
and/or sound and video are not in phase. I believe the
DVDs have some protection coding that Windows XP cannot
read... Looked for patches but couldn't find any thing.

What should I do?

What are your system specs? Maybe your system is not up to playing DVD's.

Bobby

"IBG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to watch a DVD movie, imagen keeps freezing
> and/or sound and video are not in phase. I believe the
> DVDs have some protection coding that Windows XP cannot
> read... Looked for patches but couldn't find any thing.
>
> What should I do?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Sounds like the MacroVision problem that still haunts some users of VHS
tapes. Look at the DVD and see if it sports the MacroVision label.

"IBG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to watch a DVD movie, imagen keeps freezing
> and/or sound and video are not in phase. I believe the
> DVDs have some protection coding that Windows XP cannot
> read... Looked for patches but couldn't find any thing.
>
> What should I do?

sir,
I don't understand what happened?I put CD inside,not coming and showing windows mediaplayer error.please solve this problem as early as possible

Hey I think you are right! I got a note mentioning the
Macrovision thing. How do I get ride of this problem?
Is there any patch that you know?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just like on VHS - MacroVision can not be removed or bypassed.

> Hey I think you are right! I got a note mentioning the
> Macrovision thing. How do I get ride of this problem?
> Is there any patch that you know?

Thanks for your opinion Jerry. My computer is less than
a week old and I loaded it with the best for its
category... Do you think that the manufacturer can do
something to solve the problem? Do you know name brands
that won't have this issue?
Thanks!

There are no computers available that will disable macrovision. There are
"boxes" and software that will do this...however be aware that it is
technically illegal to do so , even if just making a backup for personal
use.