HL2DM- "Your version of [dmmapname.bsp] differs from serve..

OKAY! Steam is *NOT* a reliable means of keeping the damn game up to
date.
McG.

Elaborate?

Fra support
http://kortlink.dk/pyn

Den lange version:
http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.c
fg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=52&p_created=1092282
809&p_sid=yaHPsjBh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5
PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTgyJnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2N
hdHM9MCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2
VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9bWFwIGRpZmZlc
nMgZnJvbSBzZXJ2ZXI*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Thats just because you have downloaded a version of a map that is probably
old (maybe on a different server?).. It is the map makers fault for not
putting version numbers in the map name I suppose. All you have to do is
find the name of the map that is causing the problem, delete it in your
steam folder, and then go back to the server and download it!

Hope that helps,

: )

"Desosa" <yadda@yadda.yadda> wrote in message
> Thats just because you have downloaded a version of a map that is
> probably old (maybe on a different server?).. It is the map makers
> fault for not putting version numbers in the map name I suppose. All
> you have to do is find the name of the map that is causing the
> problem, delete it in your steam folder, and then go back to the
> server and download it!
>
> Hope that helps,
>
>> )

>> OKAY! Steam is *NOT* a reliable means of keeping the damn game up
>> to date.
>> McG.

I did that. About 15 times for 4 maps. This was discovered on CF's
server with the Rats maps, of which one of the 4 worked. I find it also
happens on several other servers I tried. Yes, I deleted all files with
the map name, .BSP, .AIN, .CACHE It takes several minutes to DL a map
from the server, and a few seconds to DL maps from FileFront. Yet some
maps worked and others didn't from FileFront. Yet, I still got better
results using a ton of downloaded files from FileFront.

IF you do use the server to dl a fresh map, then why would the game
still say the versions are different?
McG.

Hello Peter,

I go to get into CF's server and play those cool Rats maps. So, I don't
have any installed, and immediately the client starts dl'ing the map
from the server. A few minutes later, an error dialog pops up with that
message DISCONNECTED. "Your version of "dm\dm_bathroom.bsp" differs
from servers"
And that's the end of being in that server! Of the 4 maps, only one of
the server downloads worked, and that was dm_rats_2005.bsp Thing is,
I find this happening a LOT on various other servers afterward.
So I got a bunch of files from FileFronts HL2 section. Some of them
worked, some don't. I did get two other maps (CF used 5, not 4 last
night) for a total of 3 that worked in his server. Still, the only one
that worked that was downloaded direct from his server was
dm_rats_2005.bsp!
It's also frustrating to sit and wait for a small file of less than 10
megs to dl in several minutes when you're used to getting a 5 meg file
in a second :(
We need better access to the current maps in the rotations.

But really, I'd love to know why the version I downloaded from the
server is different from the one on that server.

McG.

<peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Elaborate?
>
> Fra support
> http://kortlink.dk/pyn
>
> Den lange version:
> http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.c
> fg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=52&p_created=1092282
> 809&p_sid=yaHPsjBh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5
> PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTgyJnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2N
> hdHM9MCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2
> VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9bWFwIGRpZmZlc
> nMgZnJvbSBzZXJ2ZXI*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Servers limit the amount of bandwidth used to DL maps so as not to
disrupt the game for players already logged on.... Why you're having
the problem you describe is a mystery to me.... If you DL a map from
my server it should work on my server... People change the names of
maps, removing the beta versions for example, which cause problems
going from server to server....

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:41:24 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello Peter,
>
>I go to get into CF's server and play those cool Rats maps. So, I don't
>have any installed, and immediately the client starts dl'ing the map
>from the server. A few minutes later, an error dialog pops up with that
>message DISCONNECTED. "Your version of "dm\dm_bathroom.bsp" differs
>from servers"
>And that's the end of being in that server! Of the 4 maps, only one of
>the server downloads worked, and that was dm_rats_2005.bsp Thing is,
>I find this happening a LOT on various other servers afterward.
>So I got a bunch of files from FileFronts HL2 section. Some of them
>worked, some don't. I did get two other maps (CF used 5, not 4 last
>night) for a total of 3 that worked in his server. Still, the only one
>that worked that was downloaded direct from his server was
>dm_rats_2005.bsp!
>It's also frustrating to sit and wait for a small file of less than 10
>megs to dl in several minutes when you're used to getting a 5 meg file
>in a second :(
>We need better access to the current maps in the rotations.
>
>But really, I'd love to know why the version I downloaded from the
>server is different from the one on that server.
>
>McG.
>

><peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Elaborate?
>>
>> Fra support
>> http://kortlink.dk/pyn
>>
>> Den lange version:
>> http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.c
>> fg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=52&p_created=1092282
>> 809&p_sid=yaHPsjBh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5
>> PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTgyJnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2N
>> hdHM9MCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2
>> VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9bWFwIGRpZmZlc
>> nMgZnJvbSBzZXJ2ZXI*&p_li=&p_topview=1

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."

I think the only one in your rotation I might not have working now is
dm_rats_living.bsp, but don't know for sure as it didn't cycle to it
while I was in a while ago. It really is an odd thing to download the
full map from a server and then can't play because it's a different
version, and it's the same map.
dm_bathroom.bsp was downloaded from your server, and it didn't work. So
I deleted the .bsp and put the one in I got from filefront but with the
..ain graph from your server. It worked. I don't know why the one I
downloaded from your server didn't, date is the same, byte count the
same.
I even tried killing TrojanHunterGuard and ZAP and AVG7, just going
through the LinkSys BEFSR41 router when downloading the map. Didn't
help. Same thing with 'bathroom'. Well, I'm gonna go eat, then get
back in and see if the Living Room comes up in rotation :)
McG.

"Jack Harney" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Servers limit the amount of bandwidth used to DL maps so as not to
> disrupt the game for players already logged on.... Why you're having
> the problem you describe is a mystery to me.... If you DL a map from
> my server it should work on my server... People change the names of
> maps, removing the beta versions for example, which cause problems
> going from server to server....
>
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:41:24 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Peter,
>>
>> I go to get into CF's server and play those cool Rats maps. So, I
>> don't have any installed, and immediately the client starts dl'ing
>> the map from the server. A few minutes later, an error dialog pops
>> up with that message DISCONNECTED. "Your version of
>> "dm\dm_bathroom.bsp" differs from servers"
>> And that's the end of being in that server! Of the 4 maps, only
>> one of the server downloads worked, and that was dm_rats_2005.bsp
>> Thing is, I find this happening a LOT on various other servers
>> afterward.
>> So I got a bunch of files from FileFronts HL2 section. Some of them
>> worked, some don't. I did get two other maps (CF used 5, not 4 last
>> night) for a total of 3 that worked in his server. Still, the only
>> one that worked that was downloaded direct from his server was
>> dm_rats_2005.bsp!
>> It's also frustrating to sit and wait for a small file of less than
>> 10 megs to dl in several minutes when you're used to getting a 5 meg
>> file in a second :(
>> We need better access to the current maps in the rotations.
>>
>> But really, I'd love to know why the version I downloaded from the
>> server is different from the one on that server.
>>
>> McG.
>>

>> <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Elaborate?
>>>
>>> Fra support
>>> http://kortlink.dk/pyn
>>>
>>> Den lange version:
>>> http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.c
>>> fg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=52&p_created=1092282
>>> 809&p_sid=yaHPsjBh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5
>>> PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTgyJnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2N
>>> hdHM9MCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2
>>> VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9bWFwIGRpZmZlc
>>> nMgZnJvbSBzZXJ2ZXI*&p_li=&p_topview=1
>>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."

Btw came to think of it

Clearing the download folders on the server can sometimes fix the
problem

Folderlist:
...\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\DownloadLists
...\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\Downloads

HTH

Don't understand McG's problem.. There are 9 happy troops on the
server now kickin' ass...

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Don't understand McG's problem.. There are 9 happy troops on the
> server now kickin' ass...

I know... I was in there for a while... hunger won though, hadda eat :)
Now to go have another look!
McG.

> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:51:23 GMT, "Deborah" <yadda@yadda.yadda> wrote:
>
>> Still, I can't say i've had that problem however. Well, not to that
>> extent anyways. Maybe there are several different versions of rats
>> by different people? It is a popular map. Just a thought, but a
>> guess as well.
>>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."

> Glad google is working for ya :)
> It's provided me with a forum info
> overload ;)

Only problem is that you manually must copy text to quote (forgot that)
GG has changed a little within the past few months (IIRC)

You have the main page with the 10 newest articles and a right section
with 10 old but active articles
In OE I needed to scroll up and down in the list just to find some
crazy crossposting

I might miss a lot of stuff, but at least I don't get frustrated
By time I even might consider replacing OE with something else
Though I like OE as I can hold my private email accounts
(gmail/hotmail) with the various NG's within the same program

:)

> Yeah, but I have 4 different NG accounts now.

Only four?
I am connected 6 different newsservers atm
Some of them will discarted in the near future though

> Btw came to think of it
>
> Clearing the download folders on the server can sometimes fix the
> problem
>
> Folderlist:
> ..\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\DownloadLists
> ..\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\Downloads
>
> HTH

ah, but I'm not the server :)
McG.

Why? How much upwidth have you got? I've been getting truly shite pings
from your server. (Not that its stopped me playing...)

Of course, the Atlantic is part of the problem...

Civilian_Target

Jack Harney wrote:
> Servers limit the amount of bandwidth used to DL maps so as not to
> disrupt the game for players already logged on.... Why you're having
> the problem you describe is a mystery to me.... If you DL a map from
> my server it should work on my server... People change the names of
> maps, removing the beta versions for example, which cause problems
> going from server to server....
>
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:41:24 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Hello Peter,
>>
>>I go to get into CF's server and play those cool Rats maps. So, I don't
>>have any installed, and immediately the client starts dl'ing the map
>
>>from the server. A few minutes later, an error dialog pops up with that
>
>>message DISCONNECTED. "Your version of "dm\dm_bathroom.bsp" differs
>
>>from servers"
>
>>And that's the end of being in that server! Of the 4 maps, only one of
>>the server downloads worked, and that was dm_rats_2005.bsp Thing is,
>>I find this happening a LOT on various other servers afterward.
>>So I got a bunch of files from FileFronts HL2 section. Some of them
>>worked, some don't. I did get two other maps (CF used 5, not 4 last
>>night) for a total of 3 that worked in his server. Still, the only one
>>that worked that was downloaded direct from his server was
>>dm_rats_2005.bsp!
>>It's also frustrating to sit and wait for a small file of less than 10
>>megs to dl in several minutes when you're used to getting a 5 meg file
>>in a second :(
>>We need better access to the current maps in the rotations.
>>
>>But really, I'd love to know why the version I downloaded from the
>>server is different from the one on that server.
>>
>>McG.
>>

>><peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Elaborate?
>>>
>>>Fra support
>>>http://kortlink.dk/pyn
>>>
>>>Den lange version:
>>>http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.c
>>>fg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=52&p_created=1092282
>>>809&p_sid=yaHPsjBh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5
>>>PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTgyJnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2N
>>>hdHM9MCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2
>>>VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9bWFwIGRpZmZlc
>>>nMgZnJvbSBzZXJ2ZXI*&p_li=&p_topview=1
>>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."

> It takes several minutes to DL a map
> from the server, and a few seconds to DL
> maps from FileFront

Setting bandwidth usage limits automatically?
Server admin has the option to set references to another (fast)
download location, like a ftp-site etc

> IF you do use the server to dl a fresh map,
> then why would the game still say the versions
> are different?

Beats me, I got two maps from the server, both worked right out of the
box
But with a ping ~ 600 on the server it's not close to being fun as
you're not able to fight back just a little

Back in the old days IIRC you were able to join server overseas, or?

It's a 1500/500 DSL line...

>> Glad google is working for ya :)
>> It's provided me with a forum info
>> overload ;)
>
> Only problem is that you manually must copy text to quote (forgot
> that) GG has changed a little within the past few months (IIRC)
>
> You have the main page with the 10 newest articles and a right section
> with 10 old but active articles
> In OE I needed to scroll up and down in the list just to find some
> crazy crossposting
>
> I might miss a lot of stuff, but at least I don't get frustrated
> By time I even might consider replacing OE with something else
> Though I like OE as I can hold my private email accounts
> (gmail/hotmail) with the various NG's within the same program
>
> :)

Yep, that's the one major disadvantage to Agent. Only one account :(
McG.

In the Server finder, his maps would show up to 2000 for latency, but
when I got in the maps proper, I was the lowest pinger of the bunch,
usually from 38-79.
McG.

"Civilian_Target" <tadhgp@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Why? How much upwidth have you got? I've been getting truly shite
> pings from your server. (Not that its stopped me playing...)
>
> Of course, the Atlantic is part of the problem...
>
> Civilian_Target
>
> Jack Harney wrote:
>> Servers limit the amount of bandwidth used to DL maps so as not to
>> disrupt the game for players already logged on.... Why you're having
>> the problem you describe is a mystery to me.... If you DL a map from
>> my server it should work on my server... People change the names of
>> maps, removing the beta versions for example, which cause problems
>> going from server to server....
>>
>> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:41:24 GMT, "McGrandpa"
>> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello Peter,
>>>
>>> I go to get into CF's server and play those cool Rats maps. So, I
>>> don't have any installed, and immediately the client starts dl'ing
>>> the map
>>
>>> from the server. A few minutes later, an error dialog pops up with
>>> that
>>
>>> message DISCONNECTED. "Your version of "dm\dm_bathroom.bsp" differs
>>
>>> from servers"
>>
>>> And that's the end of being in that server! Of the 4 maps, only
>>> one of the server downloads worked, and that was dm_rats_2005.bsp
>>> Thing is, I find this happening a LOT on various other servers
>>> afterward. So I got a bunch of files from FileFronts HL2 section.
>>> Some of them
>>> worked, some don't. I did get two other maps (CF used 5, not 4 last
>>> night) for a total of 3 that worked in his server. Still, the only
>>> one that worked that was downloaded direct from his server was
>>> dm_rats_2005.bsp!
>>> It's also frustrating to sit and wait for a small file of less than
>>> 10 megs to dl in several minutes when you're used to getting a 5
>>> meg file in a second :(
>>> We need better access to the current maps in the rotations.
>>>
>>> But really, I'd love to know why the version I downloaded from the
>>> server is different from the one on that server.
>>>
>>> McG.
>>>

>>> <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
>> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
>> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
>> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
>> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
>> our world."

Andrew

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:41:23 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>Yep, that's the one major disadvantage to Agent. Only one account :(

The next version is supposed to be getting multiple account support,
although I don't use it for mail, only for Usenet.

> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:41:23 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yep, that's the one major disadvantage to Agent. Only one account :(
>
> The next version is supposed to be getting multiple account support,
> although I don't use it for mail, only for Usenet.

Yeah, but I have 4 different NG accounts now. I don't want to give any
of them up. So I use Agent for all the big stuff and binary ng's. I'm
looking forward to the new version.
McG.

Andrew

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:37:52 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>Yeah, but I have 4 different NG accounts now. I don't want to give any
>of them up. So I use Agent for all the big stuff and binary ng's. I'm
>looking forward to the new version.

I can't for the life of me see why you use OE for text groups when
Agent is light years ahead, but whatever floats your boat :)

Heh - I have a meg. How much of a PC do you need for a HL2 server?

Civilian_Target

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> It's a 1500/500 DSL line...
>
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:27:13 +0000, Civilian_Target
> <tadhgp@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>

>>Why? How much upwidth have you got? I've been getting truly shite pings
>
>>from your server. (Not that its stopped me playing...)
>
>>Of course, the Atlantic is part of the problem...
>>
>>Civilian_Target
>>
>>Jack Harney wrote:
>>
>>>Servers limit the amount of bandwidth used to DL maps so as not to
>>>disrupt the game for players already logged on.... Why you're having
>>>the problem you describe is a mystery to me.... If you DL a map from
>>>my server it should work on my server... People change the names of
>>>maps, removing the beta versions for example, which cause problems
>>>going from server to server....

>>> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
>>> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
>>> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
>>> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
>>> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
>>> our world."
>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."

Thank ya'll for showing up for the bash today... rat and I had a good
time... That's the last one I'll offer to host...

Ya don't need much... I use a 2 gig chip with 512 MB ram... Nothing
else matters for the server... You could probably use a slower CPU
than that.... I ran the HL server with an 800.... Didn't run any
better with the 2 gig....

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> Thank ya'll for showing up for the bash today... rat and I had a good
> time... That's the last one I'll offer to host...

Gah! I completely forgot about the bash! Today is a bank holiday so I
headed down to the pub yesterday evening, completely forgetting that
there may have been a bash...

Civilian_Target

TRENDING THREADS