dvd/rom

i have a hp pavilion xt 938 i do not have a drive (E:)dvd in the section my computer when i put a cd,dvd,or anything i can here it start up but no sound no picture i did a full restore.still nothing there i have went thru every trouble shooting option. where did my dvd-rom go .i had a scrabble game disk put in and it said core problem.this computer is only a few years oldplease help if i don't have to spend a fortune taking this in for a simple solution i'd rather not thanks bob
1 answer Last reply
More about tomshardware

    If the drive is 'seen' in the BIOS it is working. If it is not seen in the
    BIOS it is:

    a) a bad IDE ribbon cable
    b) a bad IDE Controller
    c) incorrectly configured jumpers at the rear of the drive
    d) a dead DVD-ROM drive

    So, next step.... is the DVD drive seen in the BIOS or not?
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com
    "bobby" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i have a hp pavilion xt 938 i do not have a drive (E:)dvd in the section
    > my computer when i put a cd,dvd,or anything i can here it start up but no
    > sound no picture i did a full restore.still nothing there i have went thru
    > every trouble shooting option. where did my dvd-rom go .i had a scrabble
    > game disk put in and it said core problem.this computer is only a few
    > years oldplease help if i don't have to spend a fortune taking this in for
    > a simple solution i'd rather not thanks bob

Video DVD Drives Windows XP