DV camcorder not discovered

I have a IEEE 1394 pcmcia card in a WIN XP SP1 system.
The card is recognized. The cable is not defective, I
have tested it with another device. I have a Sony MINI
DV DCR TRV33 camera that is not recognized by Windows.
It does not ping new hardware found and it is running off
of the power cable when it is put into VCR mode. It is
recognized from USB but this is too slow and gives me
choppy video.
2 answers Last reply
More about camcorder discovered

    Discovered that returning the PCMCIA card and buying a
    different brand that uses a different driver (NEC instead
    of TI) has made the difference.

    I have come across (in this newsgroup) a poster with a Sony digital
    camcorder that needed the cable in camera 'wiggled' a bit to get a good
    connection! You might try that with both ends.

    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com
    "CMN" <cmn@hccs.com> wrote in message
    >I have a IEEE 1394 pcmcia card in a WIN XP SP1 system.
    > The card is recognized. The cable is not defective, I
    > have tested it with another device. I have a Sony MINI
    > DV DCR TRV33 camera that is not recognized by Windows.
    > It does not ping new hardware found and it is running off
    > of the power cable when it is put into VCR mode. It is
    > recognized from USB but this is too slow and gives me
    > choppy video.

Video Windows XP