Increasing bandwidth for streaming video

I have recently begun using a lot of streming video
content. And I have a DSL connection with 100 Mbps speed.
But the media player never uses enough of the available
bandwidth to have a regular flow of video. How can I
improve it?

gerry

You can't. If you are downloading from a web site, it
will depend on how busy the website is. If website gets
really busy you download rate will drop. It's pretty much
based on your connection speed. If you've got DSL, you
have enough bandwidth, but you can only receive as fast as
the originator sends.