BackupExec : Can't retrieve infos from tape

Hi all,

I use BackupExec version 9 for several weeks. Until now, when I inserted a tape, BackupExec shew me the tape label (the name of the tape). But now, when I insert the tape, the label displayed is "None". Of course, this is the same tape as usual.

Why doesn't the label appear ? How can I debug that ? Does someone already had this problem ?

Thank you for any help.

Alain.
1 answer Last reply
More about backupexec retrieve infos tape

    "Alain Paschoud" <alain.paschoud@gem-ag.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I use BackupExec version 9 for several weeks. Until now, when I inserted a
    tape, BackupExec shew me the tape label (the name of the tape). But now,
    when I insert the tape, the label displayed is "None". Of course, this is
    the same tape as usual.

    > Why doesn't the label appear ? How can I debug that ? Does someone already
    had this problem ?

    > Thank you for any help.
    >
    > Alain.
    If this is only tape to do this, tape is faulty, if all tapes do this, drive
    is dirty (You do have a cleaning tape, don't you?) or is faulty.
    Mike.

Storage