BackupExec : Can't retrieve infos from tape

Tags:
Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
August 11, 2004 2:19:49 PM

Hi all,

I use BackupExec version 9 for several weeks. Until now, when I inserted a tape, BackupExec shew me the tape label (the name of the tape). But now, when I insert the tape, the label displayed is "None". Of course, this is the same tape as usual.

Why doesn't the label appear ? How can I debug that ? Does someone already had this problem ?

Thank you for any help.

Alain.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 12, 2004 1:45:52 AM

"Alain Paschoud" <alain.paschoud@gem-ag.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I use BackupExec version 9 for several weeks. Until now, when I inserted a
tape, BackupExec shew me the tape label (the name of the tape). But now,
when I insert the tape, the label displayed is "None". Of course, this is
the same tape as usual.

> Why doesn't the label appear ? How can I debug that ? Does someone already
had this problem ?

> Thank you for any help.
>
> Alain.
If this is only tape to do this, tape is faulty, if all tapes do this, drive
is dirty (You do have a cleaning tape, don't you?) or is faulty.
Mike.
!