JJ

I Downloaded videos from Winmx. Then I added them to
Windows Media Player. When I click one to play it, it said
that "the file you are attmpting to play has an extension
that does not match the file format. Playing the file may
result in unexpected behavior." Then it asked me if I
wanted to play the file. Playing the file did result in
unexpected behavior. All the videos played the same still
image. How do i fix this? Does it have any thing to do
with codecs?

It's nearly ALWAYS a codec issue:

Download and install G-Spot from
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Once you analyze the AVI file, it will tell you with which codec it was
compressed. An uncompressed AVI file is over 12gb per hour, (yes, GB not
mb) so it is highly unlikely you have an uncompressed AVI file. A
compressed AVI file needs to have the correct codec installed on your PC
BEFORE it will play correctly.

The two most common codecs are DiVX and XVid.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com