EA President Confirms There Will Be a Battlefield 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Can we at least enjoy BF3 for at least 3-5 years without hearing about a fourth installment... I mean seriously, if anything is to be learned from COD is that a yearly release or even every 2 yrs is just a terrible thing.. Battlefield 2 was released in 2004.... Battlefield 3 2011.... You gave us 7 years of peace and quiet and enjoyment of BF2, can we try to keep a gap of at least 3 years. Just saying, another franchise to be killed.. Go money.. woo....

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
I think what EA is trying to say is they can't wait to pull all sorts of crap to ruin BF4 as well. This is not to say BF3 is terrible, but there is plenty of EA crap in it.

If people don't know, there is a patch to get rid the need of Origin to play BF3, and it has been confirmed on twitter by EA the fix is legal.

G

1. steam
2. mod tools
3. FUCKING SERVER FILES SCREW YOUR RENTING A GOD DAMN SERVER TO HOST A GAME FUCK YOU
4. no origin for the love of god
5. no facebooklog. never again
6. ingame chat

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I now have to treat the Call of Duty series like Madden, where i only pick it up once every few years when enough of the changes have made it different. As much as I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" releasing a game every year is starting make me bored of it.

We all know there is going to be a Battlefield 4 but when? I rather have them make a sequel to BF2142 or a Bad Company 3. I miss sweetwater. lol

Hopefully a mirror edge 2? perhaps another Medal of Honor game in between? by then ex-IW presidents (respawn entertainment) should release their new IP in time under EA along with HomeFront 2 (done with the crytek 3 engine ). Which will probably go head to head with bungie new IP under activision by 2013 at least. and probably a Sci-fi Call of Duty tag teaming yearly behind it.

strictly multiplayer gameplay games like WW2 and WW1 games i am tired of it. like wise with modern warfare settings i am becoming tired of it also. i would like to see more IPs in the Sci-fi department with a mix of post modern setting sorta like BF2142 did. That is why i like the Halo series and Gears of War series.

G

Why are you guys moaning like a bunch of sissy's?

Many people like steam many dont. common grounds will be without steam, since more people will still purchase it. Games dont sell because they are on a DRM. they Dont sell because they are on a DRM.

The game is awesome, and that comment cant be considered an anouncement. like Iphone saying afte 1 week of 4s, there is going to be an iphone 5 -- NO $#!7 Sherlock, its called franchise and mainstream. its inevtiable unless an EMP strikes globally frequently.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
DICE claims that the new Frostbite 2 engine was designed to "future proof" the studio: meaning that the engine will even work on the next Xbox and PlayStation console thanks to its PC-based roots. "We know everything about multi-threading now," Bach added. "We know everything about multi-graphics card solutions now. If someone built a console where the specs are that or more, we have the technology to do something. We could port the game to that console tomorrow."

This is awesome - Not many companies would prepare like this. And thus the benefits of aiming a game at PC and then port from THERE to console.

gh0st

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
EA, just worry about getting the bugs of BF3 worked out and let everyone enjoy that for a while.Then worry about letting Dice do their thing with a "no rush rush" timetable to work on the next installment :)

Ichy

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]1. Make a steam version2. Get a better story 3. larger multi-player maps[/citation]
I gave you a thumbs down because of two of your points. First Battlefield never started out as a Single player game, so a better story is mute as it was only tacked on as an after thought to help increase revenue when the gaming market was in a slump some years ago. Secondly, EA and dice have done extensive research into the maxium playable map sizes to allow the maxium amount of players on them and still ensure an enjoyable play. Understanding this makes your third point Mute as well.

However, I will agree that EA shouldn't go the route of apple and be all inclusive by creating Origin. Event though steam was recently hacked, it still would have been a better choice to go with instead of finally getting a re-invented wheel to work some-what well.

Allthough all that about Origin vs Steam could be a whole new forum topic with a huge debate, I'll leave it alone for now.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
with all the issues in bf3 (including what appears to be people's xp carrying over from bf2... since its been out for 2 weeks and there are tons of people with level 45 ranks already) why not confirm a patch first?

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]with all the issues in bf3 (including what appears to be people's xp carrying over from bf2... since its been out for 2 weeks and there are tons of people with level 45 ranks already) why not confirm a patch first?[/citation]
Come on dude, think about the people with no life. There is a lot of them. That is no suprise to me to be honest.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Mr Parrish BF4 will be far from 4th installment. Here's a list for your information:
1. BF 1942 (2 expansion packs, Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WW2)
2. BF Vietnam
3. BF2 (2 booster packs EU Forces and Armored Fury and one expansion pack Special Forces)
3.1 BF2: Modern Combat (can be considered as separate game because of single player campaign and crapload of maps not present in BF2 PC edition)
4. BF 2142 (one expansion pack Northern Strike)
5. BF: Bad Company
6. BF: Heroes (it's done by EAsy but still part of franchise)
7. BF 1943
8. BF: Online (only for Korean market but still part of franchise)
9. BF: Bad Company 2 (one expansion pack Vietnam)
10. BF Play4Free (made by EAsy but still part of franchise)
11. BF3

So you see if you don't count expansion packs it will be 12th not 4th, if you count expansions and BF2:MC as separate game it will be 18th.

G

I'm glad to see companies pushing technology and doing it right. By then, Frostbite will be rock solid and we'll have bigger and better things to do. Frostbite 2 is what the Cry engine was back in the day - it just about started my PC on fire since it actually uses the hardware, and it shows in the graphic quality and new features.

Sure, it has bugs right now but it's three weeks old. MW3 didn't need a Beta or Day-One_Patch because the game has been patched for the past four plus years. I'm a fan of both series and my hat tips to Dice for raising the bar and pushing the technology farther than it has been. If we keep making games designed for Xbox, we'll be stuck with junk games forever and my rockin PC will sit at 25% utilization like it did for MW2, BO, and MW3.

If we keep working in the past we'll never see the future.

G

Sounds like Battlefield releases will be coincident with Firefox version updates. (And probably provide about as much new content)

skyhide

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
This is bullshit, Battlefield 3 was not that great its just like COD Black Ops mimic but Battlefield 3 totally failed with such short story of campaign/single player..it sucks to end a game within 1-3 days...what? I should try it hard mode as loading screen suggested? a challenge? so that is why a short story? Battlefield 3 really disappoint me even Battlefield 2 but COD never failed!! so don`t bother releasing Battlefield 4 within a year or so I won`t buy that crap!!!

growup

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
[citation][nom]skyhide[/nom]This is bullshit, Battlefield 3 was not that great its just like COD Black Ops mimic but Battlefield 3 totally failed with such short story of campaign/single player..it sucks to end a game within 1-3 days...what? I should try it hard mode as loading screen suggested? a challenge? so that is why a short story? Battlefield 3 really disappoint me even Battlefield 2 but COD never failed!! so don`t bother releasing Battlefield 4 within a year or so I won`t buy that crap!!![/citation]

If you wont buy it, oh well. Stop your crying and realize that the game started out as multiplayer in the first place. The Battlefield series never had a story until the 3rd installment (unless you consider Bad Company a part of the Battlefield installments). Your logic is to please your own opinion onto others. Learn to grow up and realize that its just a game, not your life.

If you dont like the game, then develop your own....oh wait. I feel sorry for your parents that raised you this way.

G

Battlefield sucks. Just like PC gaming sucks. Android sucks too. Piracy is ruining every industry.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]buckcm[/nom]I think what EA is trying to say is they can't wait to pull all sorts of crap to ruin BF4 as well. This is not to say BF3 is terrible, but there is plenty of EA crap in it. If people don't know, there is a patch to get rid the need of Origin to play BF3, and it has been confirmed on twitter by EA the fix is legal.[/citation]
If it wasn't Zhinto who posted that then it's illegal.

G

Not gonna pre-order. EA is not fooling me again. Never buying an EA product again.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]ChucksayshitoMom[/nom]Why are you guys moaning like a bunch of sissy's?Many people like steam many dont. common grounds will be without steam, since more people will still purchase it. Games dont sell because they are on a DRM. they Dont sell because they are on a DRM.The game is awesome, and that comment cant be considered an anouncement. like Iphone saying afte 1 week of 4s, there is going to be an iphone 5 -- NO $#!7 Sherlock, its called franchise and mainstream. its inevtiable unless an EMP strikes globally frequently.[/citation]
People bitch about Origin because on Steam you always have discounts and Xmas is getting closer. I personally dislike the fact how awkward it is to change settings, it takes a bit time to set all things. But in the end you don't change settings so often to be huge problem. Though on the other hand true ingame squad voice chat and commo rose and better squad management are something BF3 needs desperatly if DICE and EA wish it to be as loved by people as BF2 is.

Status
Not open for further replies.