Sign in with
Your question
Closed

EA President Confirms There Will Be a Battlefield 4

Last response: in News comments
November 11, 2011 6:19:26 AM

Good because BF3 is fun and its more fun the COD.
November 11, 2011 6:30:10 AM

Can we at least enjoy BF3 for at least 3-5 years without hearing about a fourth installment... I mean seriously, if anything is to be learned from COD is that a yearly release or even every 2 yrs is just a terrible thing.. Battlefield 2 was released in 2004.... Battlefield 3 2011.... You gave us 7 years of peace and quiet and enjoyment of BF2, can we try to keep a gap of at least 3 years. Just saying, another franchise to be killed.. Go money.. woo....
Related resources
November 11, 2011 7:06:48 AM

I think what EA is trying to say is they can't wait to pull all sorts of crap to ruin BF4 as well. This is not to say BF3 is terrible, but there is plenty of EA crap in it.

If people don't know, there is a patch to get rid the need of Origin to play BF3, and it has been confirmed on twitter by EA the fix is legal.
Anonymous
November 11, 2011 7:08:52 AM

1. steam
2. mod tools
3. FUCKING SERVER FILES SCREW YOUR RENTING A GOD DAMN SERVER TO HOST A GAME FUCK YOU
4. no origin for the love of god
5. no facebooklog. never again
6. ingame chat
November 11, 2011 7:32:19 AM

I now have to treat the Call of Duty series like Madden, where i only pick it up once every few years when enough of the changes have made it different. As much as I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" releasing a game every year is starting make me bored of it.

We all know there is going to be a Battlefield 4 but when? I rather have them make a sequel to BF2142 or a Bad Company 3. I miss sweetwater. lol

Hopefully a mirror edge 2? perhaps another Medal of Honor game in between? by then ex-IW presidents (respawn entertainment) should release their new IP in time under EA along with HomeFront 2 (done with the crytek 3 engine ). Which will probably go head to head with bungie new IP under activision by 2013 at least. and probably a Sci-fi Call of Duty tag teaming yearly behind it.

strictly multiplayer gameplay games like WW2 and WW1 games i am tired of it. like wise with modern warfare settings i am becoming tired of it also. i would like to see more IPs in the Sci-fi department with a mix of post modern setting sorta like BF2142 did. That is why i like the Halo series and Gears of War series.
Anonymous
November 11, 2011 7:36:17 AM

Why are you guys moaning like a bunch of sissy's?

Many people like steam many dont. common grounds will be without steam, since more people will still purchase it. Games dont sell because they are on a DRM. they Dont sell because they are on a DRM.

The game is awesome, and that comment cant be considered an anouncement. like Iphone saying afte 1 week of 4s, there is going to be an iphone 5 -- NO $#!7 Sherlock, its called franchise and mainstream. its inevtiable unless an EMP strikes globally frequently.
November 11, 2011 8:01:52 AM

Its too early to launch another game.
November 11, 2011 8:04:20 AM

Quote:
EA President Confirms There Will Be a Battlefield 4

and i wont be pre-ordering it...
November 11, 2011 8:06:14 AM

Quote:
DICE claims that the new Frostbite 2 engine was designed to "future proof" the studio: meaning that the engine will even work on the next Xbox and PlayStation console thanks to its PC-based roots. "We know everything about multi-threading now," Bach added. "We know everything about multi-graphics card solutions now. If someone built a console where the specs are that or more, we have the technology to do something. We could port the game to that console tomorrow."

This is awesome - Not many companies would prepare like this. And thus the benefits of aiming a game at PC and then port from THERE to console.
November 11, 2011 9:51:57 AM

EA, just worry about getting the bugs of BF3 worked out and let everyone enjoy that for a while.Then worry about letting Dice do their thing with a "no rush rush" timetable to work on the next installment :) 
November 11, 2011 9:55:35 AM

greghome1. Make a steam version2. Get a better story 3. larger multi-player maps

I gave you a thumbs down because of two of your points. First Battlefield never started out as a Single player game, so a better story is mute as it was only tacked on as an after thought to help increase revenue when the gaming market was in a slump some years ago. Secondly, EA and dice have done extensive research into the maxium playable map sizes to allow the maxium amount of players on them and still ensure an enjoyable play. Understanding this makes your third point Mute as well.

However, I will agree that EA shouldn't go the route of apple and be all inclusive by creating Origin. Event though steam was recently hacked, it still would have been a better choice to go with instead of finally getting a re-invented wheel to work some-what well.

Allthough all that about Origin vs Steam could be a whole new forum topic with a huge debate, I'll leave it alone for now.
November 11, 2011 10:13:20 AM

O RLY!!! Nice one Frank. Could you confirm a Battlefield 5? And how about a 6 while we are at it... for the Playstation 5.
November 11, 2011 10:28:48 AM

with all the issues in bf3 (including what appears to be people's xp carrying over from bf2... since its been out for 2 weeks and there are tons of people with level 45 ranks already) why not confirm a patch first?
November 11, 2011 10:31:07 AM

shin0bi272with all the issues in bf3 (including what appears to be people's xp carrying over from bf2... since its been out for 2 weeks and there are tons of people with level 45 ranks already) why not confirm a patch first?

Come on dude, think about the people with no life. There is a lot of them. That is no suprise to me to be honest.
November 11, 2011 10:34:43 AM

Mr Parrish BF4 will be far from 4th installment. Here's a list for your information:
1. BF 1942 (2 expansion packs, Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WW2)
2. BF Vietnam
3. BF2 (2 booster packs EU Forces and Armored Fury and one expansion pack Special Forces)
3.1 BF2: Modern Combat (can be considered as separate game because of single player campaign and crapload of maps not present in BF2 PC edition)
4. BF 2142 (one expansion pack Northern Strike)
5. BF: Bad Company
6. BF: Heroes (it's done by EAsy but still part of franchise)
7. BF 1943
8. BF: Online (only for Korean market but still part of franchise)
9. BF: Bad Company 2 (one expansion pack Vietnam)
10. BF Play4Free (made by EAsy but still part of franchise)
11. BF3

So you see if you don't count expansion packs it will be 12th not 4th, if you count expansions and BF2:MC as separate game it will be 18th.
Anonymous
November 11, 2011 11:20:09 AM

I'm glad to see companies pushing technology and doing it right. By then, Frostbite will be rock solid and we'll have bigger and better things to do. Frostbite 2 is what the Cry engine was back in the day - it just about started my PC on fire since it actually uses the hardware, and it shows in the graphic quality and new features.

Sure, it has bugs right now but it's three weeks old. MW3 didn't need a Beta or Day-One_Patch because the game has been patched for the past four plus years. I'm a fan of both series and my hat tips to Dice for raising the bar and pushing the technology farther than it has been. If we keep making games designed for Xbox, we'll be stuck with junk games forever and my rockin PC will sit at 25% utilization like it did for MW2, BO, and MW3.

If we keep working in the past we'll never see the future.
November 11, 2011 11:45:02 AM

Sounds like Battlefield releases will be coincident with Firefox version updates. (And probably provide about as much new content)
November 11, 2011 12:26:28 PM

This is bullshit, Battlefield 3 was not that great its just like COD Black Ops mimic but Battlefield 3 totally failed with such short story of campaign/single player..it sucks to end a game within 1-3 days...what? I should try it hard mode as loading screen suggested? a challenge? so that is why a short story? Battlefield 3 really disappoint me even Battlefield 2 but COD never failed!! so don`t bother releasing Battlefield 4 within a year or so I won`t buy that crap!!!
November 11, 2011 12:42:26 PM

skyhideThis is bullshit, Battlefield 3 was not that great its just like COD Black Ops mimic but Battlefield 3 totally failed with such short story of campaign/single player..it sucks to end a game within 1-3 days...what? I should try it hard mode as loading screen suggested? a challenge? so that is why a short story? Battlefield 3 really disappoint me even Battlefield 2 but COD never failed!! so don`t bother releasing Battlefield 4 within a year or so I won`t buy that crap!!!

If you wont buy it, oh well. Stop your crying and realize that the game started out as multiplayer in the first place. The Battlefield series never had a story until the 3rd installment (unless you consider Bad Company a part of the Battlefield installments). Your logic is to please your own opinion onto others. Learn to grow up and realize that its just a game, not your life.

If you dont like the game, then develop your own....oh wait. I feel sorry for your parents that raised you this way.

Anonymous
November 11, 2011 12:48:29 PM

Battlefield sucks. Just like PC gaming sucks. Android sucks too. Piracy is ruining every industry.
November 11, 2011 1:00:50 PM

buckcmI think what EA is trying to say is they can't wait to pull all sorts of crap to ruin BF4 as well. This is not to say BF3 is terrible, but there is plenty of EA crap in it. If people don't know, there is a patch to get rid the need of Origin to play BF3, and it has been confirmed on twitter by EA the fix is legal.

If it wasn't Zhinto who posted that then it's illegal.
Anonymous
November 11, 2011 1:06:42 PM

Not gonna pre-order. EA is not fooling me again. Never buying an EA product again.
November 11, 2011 1:10:03 PM

ChucksayshitoMomWhy are you guys moaning like a bunch of sissy's?Many people like steam many dont. common grounds will be without steam, since more people will still purchase it. Games dont sell because they are on a DRM. they Dont sell because they are on a DRM.The game is awesome, and that comment cant be considered an anouncement. like Iphone saying afte 1 week of 4s, there is going to be an iphone 5 -- NO $#!7 Sherlock, its called franchise and mainstream. its inevtiable unless an EMP strikes globally frequently.

People bitch about Origin because on Steam you always have discounts and Xmas is getting closer. I personally dislike the fact how awkward it is to change settings, it takes a bit time to set all things. But in the end you don't change settings so often to be huge problem. Though on the other hand true ingame squad voice chat and commo rose and better squad management are something BF3 needs desperatly if DICE and EA wish it to be as loved by people as BF2 is.
November 11, 2011 1:12:25 PM

COUNTER STRIKE 1.6 for the win!! : )
November 11, 2011 1:16:47 PM

iLoveAppleBattlefield sucks. Just like PC gaming sucks. Android sucks too. Piracy is ruining every industry.

your messiah sucked cuz he was an ahole and he had the mentality of Hitler. "Jobs wanted to wipe Android completely." Hrmm that sounds soo familiar, like about 60 years ago familiar from history class.
November 11, 2011 1:36:59 PM

Who cares whether you use origin or not... EA themselves remind me in BF3 several times that you can use a website link to launch the game instead. BF3 is a great game, well made... I haven't had any crashes, or glitches since the final release. The single player was good, not great... and the game and engine for multiplayer is a lot of fun.... Everyone gets so caught up critiquing all these little things that don't matter.... and forget it's just a game...the only thing you have to ask is.... is it FUN?

buckcmI think what EA is trying to say is they can't wait to pull all sorts of crap to ruin BF4 as well. This is not to say BF3 is terrible, but there is plenty of EA crap in it. If people don't know, there is a patch to get rid the need of Origin to play BF3, and it has been confirmed on twitter by EA the fix is legal.

November 11, 2011 2:26:32 PM

I agree with what's been said already in this thread. This is clearly an indication that EA is trying to turn battlefield into a shitty yearly reskin series like CoD. I've got news: The number 2 shooter didn't get to be number 2 by being just like the number 1 shooter.

Honestly, who else was hoping for battlefield 1944, set in germany and france?
November 11, 2011 2:35:27 PM

4th Battlefield Installment? Does 1942, BFV (the best), 2142 not count? To be honest BF2 has been my least favourite of all the BF games.
November 11, 2011 3:03:33 PM

To all those complaining about a short story in Battlefield 3. I preordered and still haven't started the campaign, it's a multiplayer game! I've had Bad Company 2 for nearly a year, have yet to play past the first mission in the campaign, once again a multiplayer focused game. I played 1942 and Vietnam back in the day, absolutely no single player...
November 11, 2011 3:37:59 PM

What about bad company 3? Don't be like COD.
November 11, 2011 3:49:05 PM

Quote:
Battlefield sucks. Just like PC gaming sucks. Android sucks too. Piracy is ruining every industry.

From my view, you are a console gamer and an iPhone user.
November 11, 2011 3:54:09 PM

Please, PLEASE don't let this turn into a Modern Warfare where very little is added. IF you're going to make a new game, make sure it's NEW and not a re-hash.
Anonymous
November 11, 2011 4:07:25 PM

Next Gen Gaming is where the server detects your User Platform (PC/XBOX/PHONE) and adjusts the user interface for the game to the platform you are playing from. Imagine starting a game on your console then switching to your phone and then arriving somewhere and continuing on a PC. Awesome!
November 11, 2011 4:31:29 PM

I'd rather they do another bad company. The single player storylines for Bad Company were far superior then the BF3 one, and then just evolve the multiplayer with it instead of BF4.
November 11, 2011 6:12:18 PM

I stopped playing BF3 because of the fact of that stupid battle log browser plugin. My default browser is Nightly, a Firefox browser. There's no plugin for that, that I'm aware of, so I kinda stopped playing the game. Get rid of Battlelog and I'll be happy.
November 11, 2011 6:15:31 PM

BF 2142 was freaking epic, they should just remake it using new egine and release it for the 360, i iwll buy it in an instant! Now that game was the freaking fun!

SIDE NOTE: am i the only one that cant freaking post anything using IE9?!
November 11, 2011 7:06:47 PM

I cant believe how many people have no life and are already high ranked. A friend of a friend is already a full bird. I asked him how; He says well I dont have a job and play like 7 hours a day....I was like wow dude get out of the house some. Id go insane playing that much.
November 12, 2011 2:12:25 AM

As long as the games continue to sell they will always make sequels. About people complaining about BF3 story, two things; I think the story so far(haven't finished) is fun and they mix things up a lot with tanks, jets, 50 cal segments, sniper levels, and good ole fashioned run and gun. Lastly, who the hell buys a game like this for the campaign?!?! That's like buying GTA4 and complaining about the multiplayer! STHU and enjoy douchebags!!!
November 12, 2011 2:13:57 AM

rebel1280BF 2142 was freaking epic, they should just remake it using new egine and release it for the 360, i iwll buy it in an instant! Now that game was the freaking fun!SIDE NOTE: am i the only one that cant freaking post anything using IE9?!

I thought I was one of the only people in the tech world who likes to use IE9, but I still have multiple browsers and use Chrome for toms because of that problem...
November 12, 2011 4:14:51 AM

Also this is like saying their will be another storm its common since.
November 12, 2011 7:09:30 AM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THAT WILL SURELY MAKE A EXPENSIVE UPGRADE XD
November 14, 2011 1:13:12 AM

awesome, lets just hope that we don't have to all spend $300 upgrading our rigs again...........
November 14, 2011 3:00:04 AM

kcorp2003I now have to treat the Call of Duty series like Madden, where i only pick it up once every few years when enough of the changes have made it different. As much as I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" releasing a game every year is starting make me bored of it.We all know there is going to be a Battlefield 4 but when? I rather have them make a sequel to BF2142 or a Bad Company 3. I miss sweetwater. lol Hopefully a mirror edge 2? perhaps another Medal of Honor game in between? by then ex-IW presidents (respawn entertainment) should release their new IP in time under EA along with HomeFront 2 (done with the crytek 3 engine ). Which will probably go head to head with bungie new IP under activision by 2013 at least. and probably a Sci-fi Call of Duty tag teaming yearly behind it.strictly multiplayer gameplay games like WW2 and WW1 games i am tired of it. like wise with modern warfare settings i am becoming tired of it also. i would like to see more IPs in the Sci-fi department with a mix of post modern setting sorta like BF2142 did. That is why i like the Halo series and Gears of War series.

Yes, Yes, Yes.

I want Battlefield Bad Company 3 before Battlefield 4. Sweetwater is to be brought back.
November 14, 2011 3:54:27 PM

Hey EA and DICE. Why don't you finish your current games before moving on to the next? It's way too early to be talking about Battlefield 4. I haven't seen any action from EA or DICE on the game's current balancing issues.
November 14, 2011 10:01:17 PM

Well BF3 has been a success after all.
Anonymous
November 21, 2011 7:00:57 AM

I hope they REMOVE ORIGIN!!!
Anonymous
November 23, 2011 11:03:42 AM

make battlefield 4 so it can loose to call of duty just like battlefield 3. Now don't say BF3 won because if it did everyone would be playin that instead of MW3...... EA should just make sports game because they are only good at making that...shooting games belong to Activision
January 23, 2012 9:58:52 PM

They have great news and updates on Battlefield 4 Beta Release.
!