Closed

Seagate HD data recovery

All

I have a 40 GB seagate HD model ST340014A that failed at the mainboard.
I am looking someone that had a failed drive of the same model that I could
purchase to replace the board and attempt reccovery of the data.

Any ideas?

thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about seagate data recovery

    Are you sure it is the board which is failing ?
    What are the symtoms ?

    Nick

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:25:24 -0400, "Andre & Liette Levesque"
    <alevesque4@cogeco.ca> wrote:

    >All
    >
    >I have a 40 GB seagate HD model ST340014A that failed at the mainboard.
    >I am looking someone that had a failed drive of the same model that I could
    >purchase to replace the board and attempt reccovery of the data.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >thanks

    yes I am certain. Actual component smoked.
    no I can hear it turning but not recognised

    "Andre & Liette Levesque" <alevesque4@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
    > All
    >
    > I have a 40 GB seagate HD model ST340014A that failed at the mainboard.
    > I am looking someone that had a failed drive of the same model that I
    could
    > purchase to replace the board and attempt reccovery of the data.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > thanks

    If you purchase a failed hdd and your recovery is not successful you have
    not accomplished anything! ie. was the replacement board in fact good?
    I would suggest trying to find an exactly identical working hdd.
    Seagate has a list of resellers of discontinued hdd's on their website.
    Of course, there is also Ebay.

    Good luck!

Data Recovery HD Seagate Storage