Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Created a couple of short WMV files using movie maker 2
to use on my website but when I tried to play them back
on my computer I had sound but no picture. I found that I
had to download Media Player 9 to play them back
properly. But I do not know whether that means that every
body who sees the movies online will need media player 9
as well.
Does anybody know whether they will work with older media
player versions?

They should be offered the codecs if they do not have WMP9.

Alternatively, go back into MM2 and instead of saving it in WMV9 format,
save for PocketPC format which uses the v7 codecs - but doesn't look quite
so good (higher compression)
www.coribright.com

"Rick" <richard_dtpdesign@hotmail.comRick> wrote in message
> Created a couple of short WMV files using movie maker 2
> to use on my website but when I tried to play them back
> on my computer I had sound but no picture. I found that I
> had to download Media Player 9 to play them back
> properly. But I do not know whether that means that every
> body who sees the movies online will need media player 9
> as well.
> Does anybody know whether they will work with older media
> player versions?

Or you could download windows encoder 9 and it the compression formats
change to version 7 or 8. More work than Cari's suggestion, as you'd need to
make a dv-avi to bring in to encoder and then set all the options (once done
though it's easy to do a second time) but would end in sligjhtly better
quality if that's what you need.
Graham
--
Graham Hughes