DVD decoder

I purchased a laptop that had Windows 98 on it, and it had
WinDVD installed on it, so I could play DVD's. However,
when I upgraded to Windows XP, the software was gone.
Unfrotunately, since I bought the laptop online from
overstock.com, I didn't receive the CDs for Windows 98 or
WinDVD. Is there a way that I can get something on the
laptop that will let me play DVDs? Thanks!

Download the WinDVD demo and install it. It comes with the decoder.

"Aaron Gage" <amadaun17@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I purchased a laptop that had Windows 98 on it, and it had
> WinDVD installed on it, so I could play DVD's. However,
> when I upgraded to Windows XP, the software was gone.
> Unfrotunately, since I bought the laptop online from
> overstock.com, I didn't receive the CDs for Windows 98 or
> WinDVD. Is there a way that I can get something on the
> laptop that will let me play DVDs? Thanks!

Thanks! I downloaded the demo, and it runs the DVD
perfectly! But it says it will expire in 14 days -- is
there a more permanent solution?

Either purchase it again or ask the people you purchased the laptop from.

--
Chris Lanier
Microsoft MVP - Digital Media