Help-Triming a Video Down

I need some, I'm running out of space on my harddrives, I would like to trim
the unneccesary beginning and ends off my Vid Downloads so they will fit
onto a CD-R for backup, (don't have DVD-Burner yet), What Software do I need
to use to do that with.. New to the Video editing stuff... I have just about
every software package available, Including Everything Adobe Makes.. I just
don't know what or how to trim a video down...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks ahead of time...

Phil

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Did you try editing them in Movie Maker2? (Comes with XP Pro)