Backup4all comments?

Archived from groups: alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

Backup4all seems to be getting good reviews. Has anyone here actually used
it? Would appreciate your comments.
6 answers Last reply
More about backup4all comments
  1. Archived from groups: alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Martin,
    There are plenty of good reviews for Backup4all and customers always send
    positive feedback about it. Now I don't tell you to rely on those, the best
    thing to do it's to try it yourself. If you already have tried it and still
    you are not sure send an email to the support team from our site and you'll
    receive an extra trial version so you could test it further and see if you
    like it or not.

    --
    Regards,
    Claudiu Spulber
    "Martin" <marty123@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > Backup4all seems to be getting good reviews. Has anyone here actually
    used
    > it? Would appreciate your comments.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Martin wrote:
    > Backup4all seems to be getting good reviews. Has anyone here actually used
    > it? Would appreciate your comments.

    I've tested several B/U programs and consider it the best one of all.

    However, it has one major bug. It won't handle large backups in the
    regular mode [not mirror mode]; don't know what the limit is; but it is
    somewhere above about 100mb. [DVD size]

    The mirror mode works great. I have a regular backup profile that
    creates a 3gb image on DVD.

    I'm sure they will fix the bug soon.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Is this limitation true?? Have others had this problem ??

    --James--

    --------------------------

    I've tested several B/U programs and consider it the best one of all.

    However, it has one major bug. It won't handle large backups in the
    regular mode [not mirror mode]; don't know what the limit is; but it is
    somewhere above about 100mb. [DVD size]

    The mirror mode works great. I have a regular backup profile that
    creates a 3gb image on DVD.

    I'm sure they will fix the bug soon.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Hi "news" :),

    First of all I want to thank you for considering Backup4all "the best one of
    all". Backup4all doesn't limit the backup size when the output source it's
    the DVD so I'm curious to find out what happened with your backup, that's
    why I want you to report this problem to our support team (either directly
    from the application either writing to support at backup4all dot com-
    replace the " at " and " dot ") and we'll try to do our best to solve it. It
    is very possible that it is not a bug in our program, the curios thing is
    that you manage to do mirror backups. As I said, in order for us to clarify
    this problem you have to send a bug report and we'll try to solve it.

    P.S. There is always the possibility to write your DVDs using the UDF file
    system (with DirectCD or InCD). You can select this burning option in the
    "CD/DVD Advanced Settings" dialog.

    --
    Regards,
    Claudiu Spulber
    "news" <news@rideste.org> wrote in message
    > Martin wrote:
    > > Backup4all seems to be getting good reviews. Has anyone here actually
    used
    > > it? Would appreciate your comments.
    > >

    > I've tested several B/U programs and consider it the best one of all.
    >
    > However, it has one major bug. It won't handle large backups in the
    > regular mode [not mirror mode]; don't know what the limit is; but it is
    > somewhere above about 100mb. [DVD size]
    >
    > The mirror mode works great. I have a regular backup profile that
    > creates a 3gb image on DVD.
    >
    > I'm sure they will fix the bug soon.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Here is copy of two emails I sent to your tech support on the subject.

    Have you investigated item 2 yet?

    Mirror works fine for 2gb+ DVD images; but Full and Incrementals do not.

    I have too much trouble with packet writing [DirectCD, InCD, etc.].
    But, more important, they only work with DVD+/-RW which are not good for
    backups because they are not as long-term stable as DVD+Rs.

    Al.......