Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ms money backup

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
May 6, 2004 7:36:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

how can I make ms money 2004 data backup on the same device on CF if I
decide to hard reset the PDA?
backup utility does not provide money data backup and I need to hard reset
the device.

More about : money backup

Anonymous
May 6, 2004 10:20:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Predator" <killerrhoREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o tjnPZ2MEHA.1156@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> how can I make ms money 2004 data backup on the same device on CF if I
> decide to hard reset the PDA?
> backup utility does not provide money data backup and I need to hard reset
> the device.
>
>

Hello,

You could use the backup and restore feature of Activesync. It will backup
all data/programs that is available on your PPC (except the data on your CF
card). Refer Chris De Herrera's site to perform a backup and restore using
Activesync---

http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/activesync/backup.htm

--
Regards,
Raj
May 6, 2004 10:20:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I don't have any PC at times when I travel, and it already made me lost
data, so I got a habbit of backing up on two CF cards I got, but I only need
data, not any binaries
Activesync does backup all extra info it can find including everything, that
I find is useless because if I hard reset it would be for all this to go
away and not restore them back

>
> Hello,
>
> You could use the backup and restore feature of Activesync. It will
backup
> all data/programs that is available on your PPC (except the data on your
CF
> card). Refer Chris De Herrera's site to perform a backup and restore
using
> Activesync---
>
> http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/activesync/backup.htm
>
> --
> Regards,
> Raj
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 10:56:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Predator" <killerrhoREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 0u4Tp2MEHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I don't have any PC at times when I travel, and it already made me lost
> data, so I got a habbit of backing up on two CF cards I got, but I only
> need
> data, not any binaries
> Activesync does backup all extra info it can find including everything,
> that
> I find is useless because if I hard reset it would be for all this to go
> away and not restore them back
>
>>

Hi,

Which pocket pc do you have? I have a ipaq 4150. I understand that the
money information on the Pocket PC is stored in the Databases folder.
However this folder is visible only when you are connected to the desktop
computer. Either way the ipaq backup feature on this device allows me to
choose the database that I would like to backup.

If you are having an ipaq running Windows Mobile 2003 operating system, you
will need to browse to the following path in iPAQ Backup program
- Pocket PC
- System Data
- Other Databases.

Hope this information helps you.

--
Regards,
Raj
May 6, 2004 10:56:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Thank you for your information
I got a Dell Axim X5 Advanced with PPC2002 upgraded to 2003
do believe filesystem is the same on all PPC 200x so I won't have trouble
locating it
any other way I can access this folder through my own PPC?
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 4:58:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Predator" <killerrhoREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:egTPA$3MEHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Thank you for your information
> I got a Dell Axim X5 Advanced with PPC2002 upgraded to 2003
> do believe filesystem is the same on all PPC 200x so I won't have trouble
> locating it
> any other way I can access this folder through my own PPC?
>
>

Hi,

Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with the Backup utility on the Dell
Axim. If your Backup utility does not offer the necessary feature, you can
always install a third party backup software. Pocket Backup from Sprite
software is pretty good. You can visit the following Web site for a
comparison of various backup utilities that are available --

http://www.davespda.com/features/backup.htm

Again, I hope this information helps you !!

--
Regards,
Raj
!