NTSC and PAL

Hi

Can anyone please let me know if Windows XP Home Edition supports NTSC DVD format?
Everso grateful

A PC monitor doesn't care one bit whether you're trying to display PAL or
NTSC.

www.coribright.com

"Lindyloo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Can anyone please let me know if Windows XP Home Edition supports NTSC DVD
format?
> Everso grateful

that's great news for me Cari. I'm totally new to computer workings. My computer is new from Time Computers and I was told by the computer rep that my system only supported PAL and that NTSC might unconfigure something or other. I needed to check this out. I guess I can go ahead now. thanks again

----- Cari (MS MVP) wrote: -----

A PC monitor doesn't care one bit whether you're trying to display PAL or
NTSC.

www.coribright.com

"Lindyloo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>> Can anyone please let me know if Windows XP Home Edition supports NTSC DVD
format?
> Everso grateful

But do remember most DVDs you purchase are for a single Region, eg Region 1
for US, Region 2 for Europe, Region 4 for Australia.

Your DVD drive is set your particular region. You have 5 changes of region
available. After the 5th change the drive will be locked on that last
region.

There is software that will overcome this:
http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm