DVD player problems

I have a DVD which works OK in DVD player.
The E drive plays CD-ROM and CD-r OK just not DVD-R.

I get a message like "A disc with an unsupported format
ib drive E" "Please load disc in E" or "No valid
drive/disc found" using win MediaPlayer or
WinDVD or PowerDVD.

The drive in "QSI DVD-ROM SDR-083" running under XP in a
Compaq nx7000 laptop.

I set the region code correctly.

I expected the DVD to work immediately in MediaPlayer but
nothing seems to work now. Can you give me any hints???

Thanks for any ideas you can give....
1 answer Last reply
More about player problems

    If it's a home recorded -R disc it shouldn't be region coded.
    Does the dvd drive in your pc support playback of -R discs? Maybe only +R?
    Has it played any other -R discs before?
    Graham
    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a DVD which works OK in DVD player.
    > The E drive plays CD-ROM and CD-r OK just not DVD-R.
    >
    > I get a message like "A disc with an unsupported format
    > ib drive E" "Please load disc in E" or "No valid
    > drive/disc found" using win MediaPlayer or
    > WinDVD or PowerDVD.
    >
    > The drive in "QSI DVD-ROM SDR-083" running under XP in a
    > Compaq nx7000 laptop.
    >
    > I set the region code correctly.
    >
    > I expected the DVD to work immediately in MediaPlayer but
    > nothing seems to work now. Can you give me any hints???
    >
    > Thanks for any ideas you can give....

Video DVD Players Windows XP