Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a DVD which works OK in DVD player.
The E drive plays CD-ROM and CD-r OK just not DVD-R.

I get a message like "A disc with an unsupported format
ib drive E" "Please load disc in E" or "No valid
drive/disc found" using win MediaPlayer or
WinDVD or PowerDVD.

The drive in "QSI DVD-ROM SDR-083" running under XP in a
Compaq nx7000 laptop.

I set the region code correctly.

I expected the DVD to work immediately in MediaPlayer but
nothing seems to work now. Can you give me any hints???

Thanks for any ideas you can give....

If it's a home recorded -R disc it shouldn't be region coded.
Does the dvd drive in your pc support playback of -R discs? Maybe only +R?
Has it played any other -R discs before?
Graham
--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a DVD which works OK in DVD player.
> The E drive plays CD-ROM and CD-r OK just not DVD-R.
>
> I get a message like "A disc with an unsupported format
> ib drive E" "Please load disc in E" or "No valid
> drive/disc found" using win MediaPlayer or
> WinDVD or PowerDVD.
>
> The drive in "QSI DVD-ROM SDR-083" running under XP in a
> Compaq nx7000 laptop.
>
> I set the region code correctly.
>
> I expected the DVD to work immediately in MediaPlayer but
> nothing seems to work now. Can you give me any hints???
>
> Thanks for any ideas you can give....

TRENDING THREADS