secure digital card full?

I just bought a 256mb Sandisk SD Ultra II card and I can only put
about 60mb of jpgs before it gives me a msg saying the directory or
file cannot be created. I tried it with 256mb worth of mp3's and it
fills up fine. How come I can't fill the memory card with 256mb worth
of jpg pics?
2 answers Last reply
More about secure digital card full

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:46:01 -0700, Alan <alansfgate@aol.com> wrote:

    >I just bought a 256mb Sandisk SD Ultra II card and I can only put
    >about 60mb of jpgs before it gives me a msg saying the directory or
    >file cannot be created. I tried it with 256mb worth of mp3's and it
    >fills up fine. How come I can't fill the memory card with 256mb worth
    >of jpg pics?

    The device the SD card fits in should determine the maximum amount of
    storage that is usable, not the size of the card.

    Pj

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:46:01 -0700, Alan <alansfgate@aol.com> wrote:

    >I just bought a 256mb Sandisk SD Ultra II card and I can only put
    >about 60mb of jpgs before it gives me a msg saying the directory or
    >file cannot be created. I tried it with 256mb worth of mp3's and it
    >fills up fine. How come I can't fill the memory card with 256mb worth
    >of jpg pics?

    What camera? Some camera may have an issue about handling certain
    number of files per directory beforte it stops taking picture.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

Cameras Sandisk Memory Card Peripherals