secure digital card full?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
July 15, 2004 3:46:01 AM

I just bought a 256mb Sandisk SD Ultra II card and I can only put
about 60mb of jpgs before it gives me a msg saying the directory or
file cannot be created. I tried it with 256mb worth of mp3's and it
fills up fine. How come I can't fill the memory card with 256mb worth
of jpg pics?
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 1:28:14 PM

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:46:01 -0700, Alan <alansfgate@aol.com> wrote:

>I just bought a 256mb Sandisk SD Ultra II card and I can only put
>about 60mb of jpgs before it gives me a msg saying the directory or
>file cannot be created. I tried it with 256mb worth of mp3's and it
>fills up fine. How come I can't fill the memory card with 256mb worth
>of jpg pics?

The device the SD card fits in should determine the maximum amount of
storage that is usable, not the size of the card.

Pj
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 2:08:19 PM

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:46:01 -0700, Alan <alansfgate@aol.com> wrote:

>I just bought a 256mb Sandisk SD Ultra II card and I can only put
>about 60mb of jpgs before it gives me a msg saying the directory or
>file cannot be created. I tried it with 256mb worth of mp3's and it
>fills up fine. How come I can't fill the memory card with 256mb worth
>of jpg pics?

What camera? Some camera may have an issue about handling certain
number of files per directory beforte it stops taking picture.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net