Video won't play on other computers

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

When I burn a video from moviemaker to a cd, it will play
fine on my computer but will only play the sound on other
computers (eg my laptop). Anyone know why and what to do?
Many thanks,
Chris

Do you have the required codecs installed on the other computer?

Hint: the answer is no.

Bobby

"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I burn a video from moviemaker to a cd, it will play
> fine on my computer but will only play the sound on other
> computers (eg my laptop). Anyone know why and what to do?
> Many thanks,
> Chris

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Many thanks. So where do I get the codecs from?

Chris

www.microsoft.com/windowsmedia
www.coribright.com