WMP problem when playing Ogg videos

Whenever I play an Ogg video file (.ogm) in Windows Media
Player 9 a message pops up saying:

"The selected file has an extension that is not
recognized by Windows Media Player... Do you still want
to try to play the file?"

It has a box that I can check saying "Don't ask me again
for this extention" but checking the box has no effect on
whether this message pops up again.
Any way I might be able to get rid of this message for
good (or at least for .ogm files)?

Any help is appreciated,
Travis

Just a little extra information, I changed the extention
on the .ogm files to a random unsued extention (like y6b)
and checking the "do not tell me again" box caused it not
to pop up anymore, so it seemes that this problem is
specific to .ogm files.

Help is still appreciated,
Travis