  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
Share
August 24, 2004 12:27:55 AM

It's my understanding that if I image a partition (e.g. C:\ drive with
all progams and data), then restore it to a new drive, it effectively
copies the partition info as well to the destination drive.

Does this mean that if I image a 2GB drive (all one partition) to a
partition I have already formatted as a 4GB partition, that when Ghost
is done I'll end up with a 2GB partition on the new drive? I want to
copy my data and programs over, but I don't want to 'reformat' my new
partition to match my old puny one.

Thanks.
Bill

More about : simple ghost question

August 24, 2004 2:05:43 AM

NO! ghost scales the image up to fit the new destination drive, so you would
still have 4gb. It will even do the reverse and fit copy of a partition onto
a smaller drive - so long as there's enough room for the data...

"Bill" <bill@nospam.com> wrote in message
> It's my understanding that if I image a partition (e.g. C:\ drive with
> all progams and data), then restore it to a new drive, it effectively
> copies the partition info as well to the destination drive.
>
> Does this mean that if I image a 2GB drive (all one partition) to a
> partition I have already formatted as a 4GB partition, that when Ghost
> is done I'll end up with a 2GB partition on the new drive? I want to
> copy my data and programs over, but I don't want to 'reformat' my new
> partition to match my old puny one.
>
> Thanks.
> Bill
August 24, 2004 2:05:44 AM

"GTS" <gts123NOSPAM@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>NO! ghost scales the image up to fit the new destination drive, so you would
>still have 4gb. It will even do the reverse and fit copy of a partition onto
>a smaller drive - so long as there's enough room for the data...

Great! Thanks!
!