Jim

can anyone help ...

i've recently formatted my pc now, i cannot play dvd's on the pc anymore...

i get the error message that i need to but a dvd decoder

did not have one before why do i need one now..

thanks

If you want to watch dvd's in media player, you need another piece of dvd
playing software installed, like powerdvd. It is possible this was installed
when new and you weren't aware of it. If you have your original cd's then it
should be on there.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can anyone help ...
>
> i've recently formatted my pc now, i cannot play dvd's on the pc
anymore...

> i get the error message that i need to but a dvd decoder
>
> did not have one before why do i need one now..
>
> thanks

To expand . . .

PowerDVD is usually included with most DVD players. So, find the CDs that
came with your system or DVD player, install PowerDVD (or another, similar
program if applicable) and you should be good to go.

--

Regards,
Len Segal, MCP