dvd player

can anyone help ...

i've recently formatted my pc now, i cannot play dvd's on the pc anymore...

i get the error message that i need to but a dvd decoder

did not have one before why do i need one now..

thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about player

    If you want to watch dvd's in media player, you need another piece of dvd
    playing software installed, like powerdvd. It is possible this was installed
    when new and you weren't aware of it. If you have your original cd's then it
    should be on there.
    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    "jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > can anyone help ...
    >
    > i've recently formatted my pc now, i cannot play dvd's on the pc
    anymore...

    > i get the error message that i need to but a dvd decoder
    >
    > did not have one before why do i need one now..
    >
    > thanks

    To expand . . .

    PowerDVD is usually included with most DVD players. So, find the CDs that
    came with your system or DVD player, install PowerDVD (or another, similar
    program if applicable) and you should be good to go.

    --

    Regards,
    Len Segal, MCP

    "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    > If you want to watch dvd's in media player, you need another piece of dvd
    > playing software installed, like powerdvd. It is possible this was
    installed
    > when new and you weren't aware of it. If you have your original cd's then
    it
    > should be on there.
    > Graham
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.simplydv.co.uk
    > "jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > can anyone help ...
    > >
    > > i've recently formatted my pc now, i cannot play dvd's on the pc
    > anymore...
    > >
    > > i get the error message that i need to but a dvd decoder
    > >
    > > did not have one before why do i need one now..
    > >
    > > thanks

Video DVD DVD Players Windows XP