Accessing an old DC2120 tape

Hi,

In my old stuff I found a 3M DC2120 tape. I really don't remember how
I obtained it or what data I put on it. Anyway, now I'm really
courious to see what it cotnains. Does anyone know where I could find
an old drive that is able to read it?

thanks!

Previously Alex2k <alex2k@libero.it> wrote:
> Hi,

> In my old stuff I found a 3M DC2120 tape. I really don't remember how
> I obtained it or what data I put on it. Anyway, now I'm really
> courious to see what it cotnains. Does anyone know where I could find
> an old drive that is able to read it?

Professional data-recovery company. Might cost several hundred
Euro/USD though. Given that these hold only 60MB (if I remember
correctly), I doubt they are in regular usage anywhere.

Arno

"Arno Wagner" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> > In my old stuff I found a 3M DC2120 tape. I really don't remember how
> > I obtained it or what data I put on it. Anyway, now I'm really
> > courious to see what it cotnains. Does anyone know where I could find
> > an old drive that is able to read it?

Most QIC MiniCart drives will read it:
http://www.qic.org/html/qicmatr.html#minicart

> Professional data-recovery company. Might cost several hundred
> Euro/USD though. Given that these hold only 60MB (if I remember
> correctly), I doubt they are in regular usage anywhere.

Arnie makes a joke. Not funny like the Arnie governator.

"Alex2k" <alex2k@libero.it> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In my old stuff I found a 3M DC2120 tape. I really don't remember how
> I obtained it or what data I put on it. Anyway, now I'm really
> courious to see what it cotnains. Does anyone know where I could find
> an old drive that is able to read it?
>
> thanks!
Ebay.
Mike.

I've already tried on ebay but I couldn't find anything by just typing
in DC2120. I was wondering if anyone knows what these drives used to
be called. And yes, ebay would be the best option. I'm not looking
forward to spend several hundred dollars.

"Michael Hawes" <michael.hawes1remove@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<412bab22_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>...
> "Alex2k" <alex2k@libero.it> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > In my old stuff I found a 3M DC2120 tape. I really don't remember how
> > I obtained it or what data I put on it. Anyway, now I'm really
> > courious to see what it cotnains. Does anyone know where I could find
> > an old drive that is able to read it?
> >
> > thanks!
> Ebay.
> Mike.

ok, I've found out how to find these drives on ebay....it is enought
to type QIC-80 or Conner

"Michael Hawes" <michael.hawes1remove@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<412bab22_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>...
> "Alex2k" <alex2k@libero.it> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > In my old stuff I found a 3M DC2120 tape. I really don't remember how
> > I obtained it or what data I put on it. Anyway, now I'm really
> > courious to see what it cotnains. Does anyone know where I could find
> > an old drive that is able to read it?
> >
> > thanks!
> Ebay.
> Mike.

I just gave some working cd2120 tape drives by Colorado (?) away to Computer Refurbishing Centre, at The Working Centre, Kitchener ON. Perhaps they can read your tapes for you. contact via website.