  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
August 26, 2004 1:32:56 AM

Please help me to solve a mystery, I will try to explain it clearly:

Whenever, I boot up my computer with 64MB Sandisk flash
card in the reader/writer, I will have an additional ghost
drive (the drive does not physically exist). I think the ghost
drive created from a partition in the 2nd hard drive. It
destroy/corrupted the 64MB Sandisk and a partition in the
2nd hard drive.

To correct the drive problems (drive mapper), I run Norton's
Win and Disk Doctor to remove the corrupt data and
finally reformat the affected partitions.

Computer Config:

1 floppy disk.
2 hard drives (IBM-40Gig; WD-120Gig - 5 partitions).
1 CDRW and
1 removable Disk (USB Sandisk reader/writer).
OS Win98SE.
Installed 2 patches
263044USA8.exe (Win98SE large drive support)
242975USA8.exe (Firewire).

I have been using this Sandisk's removable drive more than two and this problems
came up after I reformat and clean installed Win98Se a few week ago

Thank you in advance

More about : sandisk reader writer ghost drive

Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 26, 2004 5:06:12 PM

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:32:56 -0500, Jim B <Jimmydud@abcdnet.net> wrote:

Repost

Whenever I boot my computer with Sandisk flash card in the
USB removable drive, I created a ghost drive from 2nd hard
drive partition. It corrupt Sandisk flash card and a partition in
the 2nd hard drive.

To correct the problems I run Norton's Win and Disk Doctor to
remove the corrupt data and reformat the affected partitions.

My computer OS Win98SE, 2 patches 263044USA8.exe and
242975USA8.exe (Firewire).

1 - floppy disk.
2 - hard drives (IBM-40Gig; WD-120Gig - 5 partitions).
1 - CDRW and
1 - removable Disk (USB Sandisk reader/writer).

I have been using Sandisk's removable drive more than two years
and this problems occur after I reformat and clean installed Win98Se
a few week ago. Anyone encounter such problems?

Thank you in advance