Screen Freezes when going into 'Full Screen'

---------------------

Whenever my screensaver comes on (my 3D Flowerbox) the
screen freezes.
You can see the flower box come out but its just frozen.
It doesnt' move to begin with.

Same goes with my computer games. Whenever I run my game,
the screen goes full screen-black as usuall then it just
freezes with the 'hourglass' cursor.

And when i run my DsDiag test for Direct Draw and Direct
3D, the first two with the small boxes work fine but the
one with the 'Full-Screen white box bouncing thing goes
on, the computer just freezes again.

I tried lowering the refresh rate with no luck.
I also tried reinstalling DirectX.
Nothing seemed to work.

I currently have GeForce 4 MX 420 (Driver 56.72)
1 answer Last reply
More about screen freezes full screen

    You are going through the same thing I am right now. I found a posting on the Nvidia website that says the geforce 4 mx 420 only supports 2D. uninstalled direct x 9 yesterday and reinstalled x 8 to see if that would work before I came across the release on Nvidia. I think the only thing you can do is get another video card.

    ----- Elliot Kim wrote: -----

    ---------------------

    Whenever my screensaver comes on (my 3D Flowerbox) the
    screen freezes.
    You can see the flower box come out but its just frozen.
    It doesnt' move to begin with.

    Same goes with my computer games. Whenever I run my game,
    the screen goes full screen-black as usuall then it just
    freezes with the 'hourglass' cursor.

    And when i run my DsDiag test for Direct Draw and Direct
    3D, the first two with the small boxes work fine but the
    one with the 'Full-Screen white box bouncing thing goes
    on, the computer just freezes again.

    I tried lowering the refresh rate with no luck.
    I also tried reinstalling DirectX.
    Nothing seemed to work.

    I currently have GeForce 4 MX 420 (Driver 56.72)

Video Windows XP