GeForce FX 2500 wont work with XP

I had to get a new HD b/c my old one fried. So I bought
Windows XP to put on my comp as an upgrade. Well I get
Windows installed and it comes down to installing my
video card. I say no to update and go DL the newest
driver from the website. I install the driver and
reboot. Computer comes on to the loading microsfot
windows xp home screen and then goes black. Cant do
anything my screen just turns off. Only way i can get
back on my computer is to go into safe mode and un
install the driver. I have also tried both the newest
driver and the driver that came with my video card.
Please help.
1 answer Last reply
More about geforce 2500 wont work

    Mick wrote:
    > I had to get a new HD b/c my old one fried. So I bought
    > Windows XP to put on my comp as an upgrade. Well I get
    > Windows installed and it comes down to installing my
    > video card. I say no to update and go DL the newest
    > driver from the website. I install the driver and
    > reboot. Computer comes on to the loading microsfot
    > windows xp home screen and then goes black. Cant do
    > anything my screen just turns off. Only way i can get
    > back on my computer is to go into safe mode and un
    > install the driver. I have also tried both the newest
    > driver and the driver that came with my video card.
    > Please help.

    Hi Mick

    try this:

    write down the name of the directory your graphics drivers unzipped into
    (usually C:\nvidia 56.72 or similar). Goto Control Panel -> System ->
    Hardware, expand the Graphics cards section, select your card and right
    click, select Uninstall. confirm all following message boxes with ok / yes.
    after re-start, Windows recognizes the new hardware. Do NOT use the
    automatic installation.
    Click on I will choose the driver to install, click browse and select
    the driver directory.
    When a messagebox pops up that says that the drivers did not pass
    windows logo testing, just click on continue anyway

    your graphics card should be working after another re-boot.

    hope this works for you.

    Papparotti

Video Geforce Windows XP