V2i Job Creation S--L--O--W...?

kenneth

Howdy,

I run V2i Protector over our small network.

Now, for some reason, creating a new backup job takes an incredible
amount of time:

If I launch V2i, it now takes over ten minutes (after the splash
screen) before the two-panel opening screen displays fully.

If then, I click to create a new backup job, it goes to the window
that asks which drive (of three) we wish to backup, but takes over
twelve minutes to display that list of drives in the new window.

When we then click to specify the destination of the backup, it
displays something that looks like this:

(x) Network Drive
(x) Network Drive

(yes, the two "options" are the same, and both are checked)

That displays for about seven minutes. Then, finally, the screen
re-refreshes and provides the appropriate choice between a network, or
a local drive as the destination.

After all this, we can, indeed, create the new job, and it runs
properly.

Months ago, when we started using the product, the process of creating
a new backup job took no more than a minute. Now, it takes over
thirty.

What might be causing this incredible slow-down, and what might we do
about it?

Very sincere thanks,

--
Kenneth

sounds like either a network or SCSI issue..Don't know the product, but I've
found that when something takes that long, it's generally waiting for
something to send a message back or going through it's retry
cycles...something along those lines. Also, if you have directories with
thousands of files, sometimes it can take a long time to enumerate them...